jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Demoman collab map

Sere · 8 · 1932

Sere

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I asked all the active mappers in my friends list about this, but I'm putting this here for everyone else who wants to participate.

What is this?: I'm taking submissions for levels for a new demoman collab map, ala jump_collab or jump_tf. However, unlike previous collab maps, this one will attempt to have a decent difficulty curve. Everyone who participates will have to send 2 levels, one t1-t3 and one t4-t6.

What can I NOT put in my levels?:
-Any custom textures, props or particles
-VERY Gimmicky stuff(think jump_network)
-Extremely difficult stuff(think jump_samurai bonus 4, except maybe 1 or 2 of those kind of levels can be made into a bonus)
-A jump with 10 trillion brushes(be creative, but don't go TOO overboard, or else we won't be able to include your jump in the map  :( )

What can I put in my levels?:
-Literally anything else  8)
-Dev textures are fine, but the map will look bad if everyone sends in a poorly-detailed jump.

What enviroment settings will the map have?:
sky: sky_dustbowl_01
brightness: 254 210 152 700
ambient: 255 249 210 250
sunspreadangle: 5
Additionally, the lightmap scale for most brushes will be changed to 32 or 64 at the end so that it doesnt take 50 years to compile and isn't 300 mb. It might be a good idea to create your map with the lightmap scale set to 32 anyway, so that it doesn't suddenly look like crap in the final version.

How to send in your level: Add me, then send me the vmf via mediafire or dropbox. (make sure your account doesn't look like a scammer profile, or I will block you. If you are steam level 1 or 2, you might want to post here before adding me, just in case).
My profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/serebiisean

When's the deadline?: Two weeks from this post, 5/14/2016, or 14/5/2016 for Europeans.

Other things:
-Make your teleport names unique(i.e. don't make them all bonusjump or something)
-The map will be black door teleport-style(leave room for back teles!), not linear.
-Making your level soldier-friendly is a plus, but not required.

If you have questions, ask them below or add me.

EDIT:
Map is done boys, pack it up:
http://jump.tf/forum/index.php/topic,1792.0.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 07:36:42 AM by Sere »
"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
What can I NOT put in my levels?:
-Extremely difficult stuff(think jump_samurai bonus 4, except maybe 1 or 2 of those kind of levels can be made into a bonus)
Can we please stop with the maps and bonuses for demo that no one or nearly no one is ever going to bother completing

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Yeah it would be nice to have some more t3/4 demomaps. Most of them now are pretty darn old. Could just leave any t5/6 as bonuses.

ps. back teleports are shaitan!

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
i can finally make use of poomap123 and turn it into a demo jump

Sere

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Reminder: 1 week until the deadline  :)

Thanks to the mappers who have already sent in jumps!

Sere

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Update: I'm putting together the map right now, about 15 jumps in total, with a couple more in development.

If you still want to submit a jump, I'll accept levels for the next few days while I put the map together.

Steve-nC-

• Recovering Sports Fan
    • View Profile
I can make a jump where I kill myself with triple stickies and cry. Does that help at all? 😃
Crappy Maps -- King, Adventure, Speed2, Excavation, Excavation2, Mario, Ancient

Sere

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I can make a jump where I kill myself with triple stickies and cry. Does that help at all? 😃
forgot to edit the op, the map is already made, it's called jump_composite in the new maps section