Welcome B)

overwatch

John · 62 · 9106

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's extremely shitty jumping, and that's about as good as it gets currently.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
I assume there's no mod tools right
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
modding tools for a blizzard game? HA!

fishy

you can kinda get 1 air pogo on junkrat

the game has several methods of advanced movement spread out through heroes- lucio can climb anything with his wallride, genji has double jumps + wallclimbs, junkrat has his sticky thing, etc

with junkrat if u place your first sticky, wait the 8 second cooldown, detonate throw another one slightly above eye level immediately detonate, you'll get knocked way high in the air and can kinda strafe to get significantly further than you would have gotten with one sticky. it's not an impressive distance, but it's an important distance

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Waiting 8 seconds to get a second jump though....  Having movement skills you can only use once every 5-10 seconds or whatever is nowhere near as fun as real explosive jumping. Airstrafing is also very minimal which doesn't help.

Some of them are kinda fun like monkey jump, conc mine thing, and wall riding, but still very limited, and with pretty much every class you are forced to simply walk/float around the vast majority of the time with small intervals of increased movement for some of them.

fishy

yes, you're correct, but the entire game is "play around cooldowns and aim good" anyway

also genji and lucio's movement isn't on a cooldown

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's the moba hybridness I guess. And genji's dash is on cooldown, which is his best mobility skill imo. The wall climb stuff is ok and double jump.  I'm just sad that there's nothing that scratches the soldier itch as far as mobility goes, and I kinda doubt it's likely to get added for any new classes.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
I think the game is fun for what it is.

If I want to jump though, than I play TF2, instead of saying that Overwatch is worse because it doesn't have it. Personally I don't think it would work very well in the game.

I also don't really see why you'd want to mod the game to make jumping better when you could just jump in TF2.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
because movement is a big part of any fps and apparently overwatch is a bit lacking

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
because movement is a big part of any fps and apparently overwatch is a bit lacking
Yeah, to be fair though, TF2 has way more movement capabilities than most fps games.  It's just the strong parallels to TF2 in other aspects of this game that warrant the comparison to me.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
considering that TF is the pinnacle of this multiplayer fps style of game its completely fair to compare all competing titles to it as a reference

fishy

yeah but its not fair when u consider that 80% of the people who bitch havent played the game for themselves, and realized that just because it looks and sounds similar doesnt mean it plays even remotely close to it. completely different game, comparing the two is really kind of retarded, its like comparing quake to battlefield: just because theyre both shooters doesnt mean they are at all the same (yes that is an extreme example)

if u wanna play tf2, dont look at overwatch and complain that it isnt tf2
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:49:47 PM by fishy »

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
youre missing my point here

tf2 is basically the shining example of how a multiplayer class based FPS should play, so comparing a different game of roughly the same genre to it is completely normal

they are certainly different in many aspects but comparing the core aspects of both is totally ok because overwatch 100% takes inspiration from tf2