Welcome B)

overwatch

John · 62 · 9107

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
youre missing my point here

tf2 is basically the shining example of how a multiplayer class based FPS should play, so comparing a different game of roughly the same genre to it is completely normal

they are certainly different in many aspects but comparing the core aspects of both is totally ok because overwatch 100% takes inspiration from tf2

But Overwatch is literally nothing like TF2 nor does it try to be. Just because it has "classes" doesn't mean it has to play like TF2 does. Overwatch is a moba, not an arena shooter style game. I never understood the comparison between the two games that everyone keeps trying to make, they are completely different gameplay experiences.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:58:27 PM by Mac- »

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
while overwatch has a heavy moba overtone it still has, at its core, first person shooter elements

you cant even argue that it isnt because

1. youre in first person and

2. there is a shooter

therefore it is fair to compare those aspects to tf2

fishy

i strongly disagree with the moba comment

there's no lanes, u don't farm, u don't pressure different areas of the map, there's only one objective

tf2's about as much of a moba as overwatch is

the only real comparison to tf2 is the gamemodes imo

to revise my previous statement, it's not fair to compare it to tf2 in regards of movement because tf2 is pretty unique in that regard. even q3's movement was pretty limited until cpma, tf2 has a ridiculous amount of freedom and we are extremely lucky that valve left it all in considering carmack tried to remove bhop from quake but he couldn't figure out how without messing up jumping entirely

overwatch is pretty unique in gameplay in my opinion, and i just think that complaining about lack of TF2's freedom of movement in overwatch is pretty stupid

if you're gonna parrot the same thing over and over, so am i

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
saying it over and over doesnt make it any more true than it already isnt buddy

yes, tf2 has an unusual amount of movement but that doesnt mean its not ok to compare another fps team class based game to it

in addition to that, having ultimates that charge up sure sounds a lot like a moba to me

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
overwatch doesn't have unusual, tf2 is superior.

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
What I meant is that Overwatch is a class based shooter with moba elements, just like TF2 is a class based shooter with arena elements. You see the only thing in common here is the "class based shooter" part. Everyone knows good combat and movement mechanics come from arena shooters, which Overwatch takes no inspiration from.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
I don't even care at this point...

TF2 might be your "Shining example of how a class based shooter should play",
but not everyone shares that opinion.

I've been playing a lot of Overwatch recently, and enjoying the actual game instead of some weird mechanic in the physics engine.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
name one class based fps better than tf2

protip: you cant

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

Overwatch lol

Can't understand why or how you're dumb enough to think that your opinion is fact

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

Gang Garrison 2

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
youre going to need to wait a few years before you can even consider overwatch for the title so give it a rest

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
youre going to need to wait a few years before you can even consider overwatch for the title so give it a rest

here you go overwatch

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
honestly you guys are really dumb for trying to force your opinion onto others

i know people who enjoy tf2 more than overwatch, and vice versa. tf2 just doesn't appeal to some people and that's ok because we didn't really like them anyways