Welcome B)

Angled Bhops

Vexon · 89 · 13686

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I don't think that angled bounces in themselves are a big deal as long as pitchdown/pitchup isn't used. Some portal speedruns and other games use the showpos command to line things up - I don't see why its a big deal with jumping.  As was mentioned above, those commands can be effectively blocked by detecting what they are and then disabling the timer or kicking the client. Also, about the plugin, I already made a plugin that can detect the angled bounces but it's more limited then Tyrael's thing, but that could be easily ported from JS to SM.

fishy

nobody here is saying pitchdown should be allowed vexon

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
there's been similar discussions where rob has mentioned that disabling specific commands would have to be done through sv_cheats, which also blocks a bunch of useful commands like mat_fullbright. I don't know anything about the plugin benroads mentioned or the way nolem said, but until one of these is concrete just give it a rest

fishy

it doesn't have to be disabled. it should just be a punishable offense to use it, like freezeglitching, like people said earlier in the thread.

this isn't fucking rocket science

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
ban all cheaters!
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Vexon, jump_mad is a demo map and solly for T5. And the only way to complete it is angle bhop(last level). If there are more maps like these are being made, how are we supposed to do them? Just make it T0? No one likes that man. We all want possible maps.

Go yell at the map maker to use a standard bounce height? And make them only bounceable by soldiers.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
>we definitely have the manpower and time to search through every demo when people wont report shit because theyre faggots

yea no just disable pitchdown usage and call it a day

fishy

sorry melon u can still use snd_restart and hud_reloadscheme

the fuckin retard easy to understand thing is, THATS A BANNABLE OFFENSE

so just add this to the list!!! why is this complicated?????

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
why add more work that probably wont even get done when you can just disable it

fishy

if it gets done for freezeglitchers why wouldn't it get done for pitchdowners

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Vexon, jump_mad is a demo map and solly for T5. And the only way to complete it is angle bhop(last level). If there are more maps like these are being made, how are we supposed to do them? Just make it T0? No one likes that man. We all want possible maps.

You could random bhop, and that would be cool tbh. Or just line up using texture/spray in order to be in the correct angle to bhop.

vice

• Intermediate
  • im shit at jumping
    • View Profile
Or just line up using texture/spray in order to be in the correct angle to bhop.
I don't get what u mean by this.

Mohr

• View Profile

Go yell at the map maker to use a standard bounce height? And make them only bounceable by soldiers.

if i knew about filter_tf_class back then, i would've made the last jump on mad a standard bounce for soldier. Having a marker on the ground seems like a neat idea tho. If pitchdown was either clearly prohibited or completely blocked, angled bhops wouldn't be too bad.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
The other option for soldier only bounces apart from class filters is just using those 'alternate strat' bounces like walk left shoot ground etc. Just find a bounce height that isnt on the standard bounce table, and can have an alternate strat for ideally, both stock and the original. Its far more fluid and fun than staring at your showpos meter.

Anyway from a design point of view now, you either put a bounce on your jump, or make it impossible to bounce at all. But this clearly isn't an option to retrofit all the older maps.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
Melon, first powerbounce and now this???