Tip of the Hats 2016

Vexon · 213 · 35055

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
It's Tip of the Hats season, ladies!

Due to the overwhelming amount of people asking to be featured in races, playthroughs, etc.., and the short amount of time we have, not everybody will be able to be featured. Sorry.

Tip of the Hats is right around the corner!!!! Well, kinda.. This thread is for YOU to be a part of the 2016 Tip of the Hats live stream event! This year I thought it would be a fun idea to have the community help organize what we do for our two hours in the spotlight!

I have a few fun ideas, but I'd really like to see this upcoming toth be about fun and the community as a whole. Any ideas you guys come up with will be considered, so feel free to throw just about anything out there....as long as it isn't really really stupid. I will be putting votes up in the future to decide what maps we race, donation incentives, etc... Remember, nothing is final...like at all at this point.

Another big question, what do you guys think the donation incentive should be this year?

Do not pay attention to where things are located on the schedule as of now, as I will be moving them around a lot. The end goal is to have each continent participating their own small segment. For example, all EU, then all AU, then all Asia, then all NA. This way we can time it better for each continents time zones (once I figure out exactly what time our segment is), and remove the possibility of wasting a lot of time switching between multiple servers.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:06:14 PM by Vexon »
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Kendrick.

• Proficient
    • View Profile
hope AI finishing CSR plugin ~

jumper bball tournament  :-X
Boom Boom

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
hope AI finishing CSR plugin ~

jumper bball tournament  :-X

I hope so too. I hope AI can shed some light on CSR soon  :D :D :D

...aaaaaaaaaand Whisker has informed me that bball will probably not be happening this year /:

vice

• Intermediate
  • im shit at jumping
    • View Profile
Jump races from every part of the world? (including asians and south americans), like each region for 1 race.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I like the idea of blind races ala the mario maker segment at GDQ.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
if what we're doing is for fun then we should definitely do blind races of t4/t5 maps

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Make a challenging map (t4/5) with jumps that are both hard to execute and hard to understand in the first place. Throw a bunch of good jumpers on the map and see who can get it first.

Maybe even duplicate the levels in the map so that each jumper is alone in his own course and cannot cheat by watching the others.

And then eventually make a single-course version of the map for the public?

ALSO, THIS
Jump races from every part of the world? (including asians and south americans), like each region for 1 race.

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Donation incentive: jump_huh b2 race as demo (the pipe course). So i can win something

Blind race is also a good idea, could be a donation incentive.

pdidey race could be fun with like 10 soldier racing. Pretty sure somone would end up beating the map within 5-10 min.

I know some people hate tas, but i think a tas race kinda thing could be very entertaining. For example, you give a brand new map to 3-4 person, they have 1h-1h30 to make a tas of it, and at the end of the jumping segment you watch them race. Now I have no idea if it's possible to put together multiple tas recording on the same server, but if you somehow can it could be amazing D:

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Donation incentive: jump_huh b2 race as demo (the pipe course). So i can win something

Blind race is also a good idea, could be a donation incentive.

pdidey race could be fun with like 10 soldier racing. Pretty sure somone would end up beating the map within 5-10 min.

I know some people hate tas, but i think a tas race kinda thing could be very entertaining. For example, you give a brand new map to 3-4 person, they have 1h-1h30 to make a tas of it, and at the end of the jumping segment you watch them race. Now I have no idea if it's possible to put together multiple tas recording on the same server, but if you somehow can it could be amazing D:

All good ideas, but wtf is blind racing?

The pipe thing sounds like a good idea, but how long does it usually take?

And the TAS thing is possible, but seems very hard. We could get some people to send in their TAS runs to an editor, and he puts the top 4 in a clip side by side....I hate TAS but I feel like people would lose their shit with that being done. Would have to be a video though...thats a problem. An incentive for a video? Pipe jumping seems more realistic.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
blind racing is where you don't know what the map is beforehand, so you don't have time to prepare for it.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
you can just do tas playback from within the map so that's possible without having to edit videos in like 2hrs.

Also be much easier on a map with Drex timer so you don't need to manually time.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Can't Gorge do the pipe part really fast?

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
ye pipe course isnt very long, it would take like 2-3min and 1 min isnt unlikely either. If we agree to not cheat the vert and pogo, its most likely going to be around 3-4min.