jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Tip of the Hats 2016

Vexon · 213 · 35067

Syro

As a new jumper myself I would like to see some new stars in the mumble for toth, rather than the same group of 'famous' jumpers that rarely play anymore, just my suggestion.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
As a new jumper myself I would like to see some new stars in the mumble for toth, rather than the same group of 'famous' jumpers that rarely play anymore, just my suggestion.

all the jumpers at previous toth were pretty active to me, are you trying to say you want less known jumpers featured?

Syro

all the jumpers at previous toth were pretty active to me, are you trying to say you want less known jumpers featured?

Yes

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
I will see what I can do, it's just that a lot of jumpers aren't that talkative. Or maybe it's the fact that nobody really uses mics in jump servers so it's hard to tell. I have picked people who I know would make good hosts. I will try and get new people in there, but we can;t have too many or it becomes a clutter fest.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Woah woah melon can't do the demonstration he doesn't even have a mic  :o
˄˅

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Woah woah melon can't do the demonstration he doesn't even have a mic  :o

..that you know of  ::)

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

Yes

It's an event where the best of the best are shown, it doesn't really matter how well known you are. I don't know if you have a grudge or something, or if you just want to be featured. What I do know is we have a small amount of spaces, and a LOT of people trying to fill them. I am doing the best I can to get as many people featured as possible, but you need to understand that the top of the top jumpers will always have reserved spots before everyone else.

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
but you need to understand that the top of the top jumpers will always have reserved spots before everyone else.

Then why aren't you in it?

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
just remember, regardless of how undoubtedly autistic we all are on a day to day basis, we have to make a real effort to put that aside for this because it's actually important and has and has potential to impact the basis of tip of the hats, which is the charity work

we can't do stupid shit on stream under any circumstances, which is partially what separates the community leaders from the rest of us

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
just remember, regardless of how undoubtedly autistic we all are on a day to day basis, we have to make a real effort to put that aside for this because it's actually important and has and has potential to impact the basis of tip of the hats, which is the charity work
we can't do stupid shit on stream under any circumstances, which is partially what separates the community leaders from the rest of us

I wonder if that's a trait that can actually be turned off.  Pretty sure it's the primary means of communication for some of the jumpers on a daily basis.   Hate speech and racism lose their irony pretty quickly, or most would think anyways. But influential players in this community adopting destructive behaviors is nothing new.  Why try to hide it?  Asking people to act fake for a charity stream is redundant.  Since those who have to are probably the types of people who shouldn't be around in the first place.  There is always the motive of looking cool on stream I suppose. 

It frustrates me to see the disparity of this community. When it comes to those putting serious effort to grow it, and those who continue to stunt it's growth. Oh well, that's enough words on this.

Major props to those putting in the work to make this event happen. 

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
But influential players in this community adopting destructive behaviors is nothing new.  Why try to hide it?  Asking people to act fake for a charity stream is redundant.  Since those who have to are probably the types of people who shouldn't be around in the first place.  There is always the motive of looking cool on stream I suppose. 

It frustrates me to see the disparity of this community. When it comes to those putting serious effort to grow it, and those who continue to stunt it's growth. Oh well, that's enough words on this.

Major props to those putting in the work to make this event happen.

I would disagree, the general members of the jump community have changed a lot over the past few years. Back in the earlier stages of jump there was very little trolling/trash talking, majority of the conversation on the servers/forums was about actual jumping, new map run strategies, etc. The size of the community has grown over the years and I think the average age of jumpers has dropped a lot for some reason so I guess it isn't really unexpected.

But if there's anyone not capable of acting respectfully/maturely for 2 hours, regardless of how skilled they are, I don't think they should be participating in the jump segment. A little bit of trash talking during the races and stuff is fine, I think it actually helps make things more competitive, but it's best to avoid bringing up issues within the jump community live on stream. Calling out Raiin on stream last year was a bad idea, things like that don't reflect well on anyone.

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
obligatory "this is targeted at me" post

I barely even know you, my post was just targeted at the general jump community.