Welcome B)

Tip of the Hats 2016

Vexon · 213 · 35063

Kendrick.

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Then why aren't you in it?
pls stop being obssesed with TOTH racing thing.

Boom Boom

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
???????????????

Dude, I just fucking said to Vex "why aren't you in it?" because he is a good jumper. How the FUCK was that about the races at all?

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
any human being without a learning or social disability over the age of 12 has no excuse for not being able to act in a semi professional manner when the need arises

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
but you need to understand that the top of the top jumpers will always have reserved spots before everyone else.

Then why aren't you in it?

Because I do not care as much as others to be featured, I've already got the intro/outtro movies and to me that is enough. My primary goal is to get as many of you guys in as possible, so I'm trying to save as much space on the schedule as I can.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
any human being without a learning or social disability over the age of 12 has no excuse for not being able to act in a semi professional manner when the need arises

You forget some of our top jumpers have adopted the "act like an idiot because we find it funny within our circlejerk". Also the people who spout the same shitty memes for years because they don't have the mental capacity to come up with original ideas.

or we can just elect to mute some people in the mumble that we don't trust enough not to act stupid, in which case it shouldnt be hard to narrow down who to mute

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile

I would disagree, the general members of the jump community have changed a lot over the past few years. Back in the earlier stages of jump there was very little trolling/trash talking, majority of the conversation on the servers/forums was about actual jumping, new map run strategies, etc. The size of the community has grown over the years and I think the average age of jumpers has dropped a lot for some reason so I guess it isn't really unexpected.

I could have been less vague with my implications there. To elaborate, I was referring to the unapproachable elitist/circle jerk mentality that was at its height in the past.  It's not something that every big employed (of course), but it's something that did cause its fair share of dismay. 
No doubt you are right about this community being a lot younger in general.  It would be unfair to hold that against them; as such, the previous post was aimed more so at the excessively hateful banter that's becoming more and more common.

But if there's anyone not capable of acting respectfully/maturely for 2 hours, regardless of how skilled they are, I don't think they should be participating in the jump segment. A little bit of trash talking during the races and stuff is fine, I think it actually helps make things more competitive, but it's best to avoid bringing up issues within the jump community live on stream. Calling out Raiin on stream last year was a bad idea, things like that don't reflect well on anyone.

I agree on this point.

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
I could have been less vague with my implications there. To elaborate, I was referring to the unapproachable elitist/circle jerk mentality that was at its height in the past.  It's not something that every big employed (of course), but it's something that did cause its fair share of dismay. 
No doubt you are right about this community being a lot younger in general.  It would be unfair to hold that against them; as such, the previous post was aimed more so at the excessively hateful banter that's becoming more and more common.

You're right that there used to be more elitism in the community than there is right now. I think the decline isn't from a change in attitude by anyone though, there are just simply more good jumpers now. A few years back it was a select group of people who were way ahead of most other players, now there's so much info out on different techniques that it's much easier to get to a competent level in a relatively short amount of time.

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile

You're right that there used to be more elitism in the community than there is right now. I think the decline isn't from a change in attitude by anyone though, there are just simply more good jumpers now. A few years back it was a select group of people who were way ahead of most other players, now there's so much info out on different techniques that it's much easier to get to a competent level in a relatively short amount of time.

and here I thought we were making strides  :P
Yup, I can totally see what you mean.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Okay guys, please listen. As I said before, not everyone will be featured, it's just the way it is. We DO NOT have enough time to feature everybody. I am getting as many people as I can, but we can't get fukn everybody. CHRIST.

If you get featured in a race only and want more, I'm sorry. BUT don't fucking come complain to me about it, at least you're featured.

/rant

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Okay,

to save runs from people choking, and to feature more players, the two people per map idea is going to be a thing. I will find people who will agree on a map and pair them together. Schedule has been updated but still needs big tweaks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:10:23 AM by Vexon »

porkie

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • play momentum mod instead
    • View Profile
hmu with that spot on the cube run next to boshy vex
:^)

.flac

• View Profile
If we want to have the tf2rjweekly and jump.tf logos up during the stream, it might be better to just have them as graphics on an overlay.  "Jump section sponsored by [tf2rjweekly] and [jump.tf]" or whatever.  Mostly because I don't think they are going to be super readable with how small they are, especially on lower quality settings / mobile / etc. and might just be distracting.
yes.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Updated google doc with a new link.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
We can't get jump.tf or TF2rjweekly on the overlay because you must be a sponsor, and to be a sponsor you need a minimum of $1,000 so.. The viewmodels will have to work.