jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Tip of the Hats 2016

Vexon · 213 · 35061

fishy

they kind of already hit that topic last year, and though the ceiling has raised some since then it might be a bit redundant now. MIGHT. idk.

definitely questions from the hosts and chat, especially chat, since the hosts will likely have a better understanding of what they're watching than a very large portion of the chat. it'd be really nice to involve the chat with the segment a lot more this time around, since it's really for them rather than the hosts and jumpers themselves.

with RNC as one of the hosts, i hope to see discussion of bounces and other intricate engine mechanics things like wallbugs and edgebugs and the like.

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
with RNC as one of the hosts, i hope to see discussion of bounces and other intricate engine mechanics things like wallbugs and edgebugs and the like.

This is pretty much the entire reason Vexon wanted me in the mumble. And I'll try to keep everything in terms that anyone can understand.

nick

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
I tried my own hand at some rocket jumper skins...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What do you guys think?
better than mine, use those if you will use skins

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

This is pretty much the entire reason Vexon wanted me in the mumble. And I'll try to keep everything in terms that anyone can understand.

I assume you'll say "Rockethop / Powerbounce" when talking about that specific mechanic.

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I assume you'll say "Rockethop / Powerbounce" when talking about that specific mechanic.

My plan is to name it once, say we can't agree, then say neither name after that while explaining what it is.

Müsli

• View Profile
just registered for this toth discussion
i'm a pretty noobish jumper and just wanted to post what i think would be nice to see:
angled bounces,  powerbounce (how to), some tips for quads/quints, transition from downpogo to ?straight/up? pogo, bounce hop etc...
ik toth jump segment isn't supposed to be a big jump tutorial but i think a lot of jump-insterested players watch if for the learning effect/explanation whatever and that a lot of people would actually watch it just for that since there are no tutorials whatsoever...

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Hopefully the opening segment on the easy map can function somewhat as this.

fishy

problem with the transition from downpogo to climb is that is mostly feeling, it would take an absolutely godlike teacher to explain everything that goes into that. you kind of just figure it out with experience with whatever launcher you're using.

however i agree with everything else musli said, especially bhops. i want to see some love for bhops this year cmon guys

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
problem with the transition from downpogo to climb is that is mostly feeling, it would take an absolutely godlike teacher to explain everything that goes into that. you kind of just figure it out with experience with whatever launcher you're using.

however i agree with everything else musli said, especially bhops. i want to see some love for bhops this year cmon guys

jump_bouncehop race starring fishy

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Just a quick update

The schedule is pretty close to being finalized, but a few things may be changed.

Anyone who will be participating in any showcases MUST be in the discord....so go and download discord, it is what we will be using this year for chatting and such.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I will get the info for the discord and message each person involved on steam individually. Anyone doing a showcase will be able to talk if they so choose, probably not races though...since there will be a lot of people racing.

IF YOU ARE ON THE SCHEDULE AND DON'T HAVE ME ADDED, PLEASE ADD ME, THANKS.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:16:15 AM by Vexon »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
HEY

Any information about what time the event will be starting from me has changed, they changed the time we are being featured. "What does this mean for me?" It means IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW WHAT TIME JUMP STARTS, DON'T ASK ME. LOOK ON THE SITE AND FIND OUT YOURSELF AND PLAN  FOR THAT. I WILL LEAVE THE LINK OF THE SITE BELOW, JUMP IS ON DAY 3.

www.tipofthehats.org

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
just a quick post for those participating:

we will be live on SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 18TH starting at 2 PM CDT

please make sure this works with your schedule

Vexon

• needs to stop posting