Welcome B)

Tip of the Hats 2016

Vexon · 213 · 35057

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
I frequent Getawhale's stream a lot. Even though he isn't the best jumper, he has the right mentality when it comes to jump and often understands how the jump works and what is required to beat it. He might be a good host for jump last year because he knows some stuff about jump and would be able to ask questions that the viewer would normally want to ask like "what is a bounce" or "what is a rockethop / powerbounce" and I think he'd be suitable for that role.

He's also very interactive when it comes to audience participation and stuff like that, talks to his stream viewers a lot of the time and really knows how to be entertaining and keep attention high.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:32:35 AM by HyperDan! »

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
Yeah well there will likely be the regular hosts again (truktruk and getawhale possibly), we can't pick who's hosting from the ToTH side but picking one or two jump community members to also co-host and focus solely on explanations of mechanics and discussions about the jumping scene is something we can do.

Is anyone currently talking to truktruk or one of the other hosts? If not I can reach out to get a better idea of how it's going to be set up this year, I'd assume a 2 hour window like last year.

Personally I think taking ~10 minutes or so at the start of the segment to jump through an easier map and explain some of the mechanics would be beneficial.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

internal

• Novice
    • View Profile
would love to see a mumble of some iconic ppl of the community from back in the day to talk a bit about the history and how they´ve seen the jumping evolving.
ppl like pilotstyle, matti, adrian, quba, wonderland, rain, etc ..

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
would love to see a mumble of some iconic ppl of the community from back in the day to talk a bit about the history and how they´ve seen the jumping evolving.

lol they dead

Syro

lol they dead

We might be able to get Wonderland at the very least

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

lol they dead

We might be able to get Wonderland at the very least

This is only if they decide to give us bball out of pity

and all they would really say is how the skill ceiling has gone from basic shit to edgebugs/bounces etc
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:21:16 AM by Exile »

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I'd like to see afterglow finish the map he was making for jump jam. It could even be used for that blind race people are considering.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I was on a vacation the last few days, my apologies. The point of this thread was to see what you guys wanted to see in toth. Instead of keeping everyone in the dark like the last years of jumper toth, I really wanted this toth to be about the community. I wanted to give everyone a chance to throw out ideas and basically have the whole community organize the event this year. I think it should show the skilled side of jumping, but not forget about the fun side of it while doing that.

I think getting truktruk to help host the jump section is a great idea as well, but he will be there live at toth headquarters. It could still happen, but I say instead of him jumping with us and stuff, we have him help host from the couch and ask questions. He knows enough about jumping to explain things, and he has enough streaming experience to know how to put it into words for noobs. I will talk to him right now.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
12:41 PM - truktruk: yeah i think that would be fine

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
Could have edited it into your other post but that's good news!

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Could have edited it into your other post but that's good news!
I have the most posts for a reason, Dan. Keep it on subject plz

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I am updating the OP with a link to view the schedule. Due to the overwhelming amount of people asking to be featured in races, playthroughs, etc.., and the short amount of time we have, not everybody will be able to be featured. I will most likely be picking the top jumpers from tempus, but there are some exceptions...and by that I mean people who do not play on tempus often, but are still amazing jumpers. Sorry in advance to anyone who doesn't get featured.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:48:11 PM by Vexon »

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
For donation incentive, how about something similar to the engy jump race in a previous toth? Perhaps on the pipe bonus of jump_huh or on the bhop bonus on jump_why. Maybe even a race of jump_ziggurat.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
We have over 2 months until tip of the hats, so I'm making sure to consider everything. There's been a few great ideas for the donation incentives, and we will have to decide as a community what we want to do. I will leave this open for suggestions, and eventually I will create a vote for what we want the donation incentive to be.

In other news, truktruk agreed to Dellorts idea to play a map like beef at the beginning and describe how jumping works and what is going on.