Vexon · 213 · 35059

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
I wonder if making use of the old rocket jumper reskin and commenting about it would get more people to put pressure on Valve to revert it.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
Perhaps we need some new hosts

also, no frig off.
..there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes during toth you don't know about. Last year guyyst and I weren't that talkative during some parts of the event because we were constantly getting maps lined up, changing servers, banning people because of a hiccup we had (my fault i dont wanna talk about it), and a bunch of other things. It isn't just sit there, watch, and talk about whats going on. That's why this year I have asked a few people to help out and join the mumble so we can have more talk talk, less silence silence. I've also asked a few people to help out with server management so maps, banning, etc won't be an issue....hopefully.

when you don't give the community information on what goes behind the scenes you should expect people to make suggestions based on not knowing that information... smh

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Perhaps we need some new hosts

also, no frig off.
..there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes during toth you don't know about. Last year guyyst and I weren't that talkative during some parts of the event because we were constantly getting maps lined up, changing servers, banning people because of a hiccup we had (my fault i dont wanna talk about it), and a bunch of other things. It isn't just sit there, watch, and talk about whats going on. That's why this year I have asked a few people to help out and join the mumble so we can have more talk talk, less silence silence. I've also asked a few people to help out with server management so maps, banning, etc won't be an issue....hopefully.

when you don't give the community information on what goes behind the scenes you should expect people to make suggestions based on not knowing that information... smh

I thought it was a given we were doing all of that stuff.. and guyyst made us keep everything a secret last year! anyway lets not forget why this thread is here. i dont wanna let it get derailed like 99% of the other ones
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
I wonder if making use of the old rocket jumper reskin and commenting about it would get more people to put pressure on Valve to revert it.

YES

MORE BITCHIN ABOUT NEW JUMPERS

(seriously tho, yes)

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I think starting with both a demo and soldier showcase of a "medium" map (beef is a little too easy and would just be kinda boring to watch) is a good idea, as the jumper is going through whoever is in charge of explaining mechanics can go over the basics. If anyone has suggestions for a map (one for soldier and one for demo) ideally it covers a range of techniques and can be consistently run in ~5 mins or less.

jump_above for soldier. It has skip, wallshot, sync, jurf, water, pogo to climb, downpogo that can be done with bounce, ss, quint, and its pretty short map.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I think starting with both a demo and soldier showcase of a "medium" map (beef is a little too easy and would just be kinda boring to watch) is a good idea, as the jumper is going through whoever is in charge of explaining mechanics can go over the basics. If anyone has suggestions for a map (one for soldier and one for demo) ideally it covers a range of techniques and can be consistently run in ~5 mins or less.

jump_above for soldier. It has skip, wallshot, sync, jurf, water, pogo to climb, downpogo that can be done with bounce, ss, quint, and its pretty short map.
This is a good idea, and I've seen truktruk actually do it in 3 minutes so we should be fine with him playing it.

EDIT: I asked truktruk and he said he's fine with it.
Updated Schedule.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:22:20 PM by Vexon »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I have been in contact with the toth organizers, and they were wondering what you guys think of adding bball as the donation incentive? They don't know if it will have it's own segment yet, or not. If it doesn't, we were thinking of putting it in as the donation incentive. This way everybody wins. Just a thought.

minty

• Novice
  • smell me
    • View Profile

This is a good idea, and I've seen truktruk actually do it in 3 minutes so we should be fine with him playing it.

EDIT: I asked truktruk and he said he's fine with it.
Updated Schedule.

What about the demo map? Is jump_aurora alright? I think it's a really nice map which deserves a playthrough.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
how long would we even have for a bball event if its an incentive

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
how long would we even have for a bball event if its an incentive
seanbud was thinking 30 minutes. It would definitely cut a decent chunk out of jump.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Make a TF2RJ version instead
ill make one

I like this idea. I'll make sure it gets to the organizers for toth when it's done if we decide this is the best thing to do.