jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Somewhat more advanced jumps (Help needed)

dzr · 3 · 1374

dzr

• Frags: +0/-0
  • Why am I still playing offline?
    • View Profile
I can do basic jumps (sync, wall, pogo, some speedshots, etc.) with ease, but there's some stuff I need help with:

-In a triple sync, when is the right time to shoot the second rocket?

-How to bounce jump?

-How to properly do a wall climb?

-Guide on edgebugs.

Any help is appreciated. Keep in mind, english is not my native language, so I'm kinda struggling to talk to you guys.

Thanks!
We sink so low...

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
Triple sync depends on your ping. You need to shoot the second rocket as you're passing the first rocket so that it lines up.

Bounce jump is when you shoot a rocket right as you hit a tele platform. If you teleport without a hitmarker, you shot too late. If you teleport with a hitmarker, you shot too early.

Wallcimbing is just angle yourself so that your rocket launcher is closer to the wall a bit (like 30 degrees).

Edgebug: hit a corner and hope you hit it right

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
-In a triple sync, when is the right time to shoot the second rocket?

Depends on your ping and interp. Assuming you play with 15.2ms, and an average ping of like 30 to 50-60, fire 2nd rocket after you pass your first one. Higher ping means you have to shoot later after passing the rocket, and vice versa for lower ping. Tho since ping can vary, you just have to test it a couple time to figure it out. shoot 2 rockets, see if they are in sync, adjust your timing if they're not

-How to bounce jump?

On most map, when a jump require a bounce, it will tell you how to start it. Bounces are very precise and you cant just jump off any plat in hope of getting one. If map doesn't tell you how to do it, most jump server now have a !bcheck plugin wich will tell you how to start the bounce (like walking off the plat, or jumping off it). If you don't start like it's telling you to, you will not get the bounce.

As for the bounce itself, when you shoot your rocket to bounce with and you fail the bounce, if you see a hitmarker after getting tele it means you shot too early. If you don't see a hitmarker, you shot too late.

-How to properly do a wall climb?

Assuming you're using stock launcher, aim a bit to the left. Your rocket comes out from the right, aiming left means the rocket launcher is closer to the wall, and you get a bigger boost from the explosion.

-Guide on edgebugs.

There's no guide really to be good at edgebug. Even if you would to practice edgebug non-stop for like 1000 hours i don't think edgebug can become consistent. Sure you can be more consistent at trying them if that makes sense. Like with better strafing/wallshot you can position yourself in hope of getting 1, but actually getting 1 most of the time you try is not humanly possible.

If you were juste asking how you can get 1, its just about hitting the very last unit of any given platform, doesn't matter if the plat would tele you or not, if you hit the very last unit of the plat with you player model, you will edgebug it.