jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Post Tip of the Hats 2016 Discussion Thread

Vexon · 89 · 16805

bshear

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Because we held an entire competition of our own two weeks prior to ToTH to choose who got to race, and zigzati just sort of walks in like he owns the place.
like he owns the place? he just played the video game haha. sounds petty to me. i'm sure he could've done well in whatever competition you're talking about. i guess i don't know anything about it though, just seems like a weird thing for a lot of people to be pissed way off or whatever about.

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
the hosts coming from the toth crew's end need to let us do our thing. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to talk, but when getawhale is sitting there reading donations for 20 minutes with no pauses while we're waiting to start a map, it gets frustrating. He wouldn't pause for 2 seconds so we couldn't interrupt him to let him know the map was ready, and this happened multiple times. I'm not talkin shit on Getawhale, he does his job well...maybe a bit...too well. He needs to know when to put a sock in it, basically.
I think this comes down to a lack of communication before the event to decide how it is going to be run. I think we should emulate what GDQ does in that the players/runners let the host/donation readers know when it is an appropriate time to read out a few donations, generally while there is a bit of a lapse in viewing material or commentary. By the sounds of it, everyone was organised but there was just a disconnect between players and the TOTH production and hosts.

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Because we held an entire competition of our own two weeks prior to ToTH to choose who got to race, and zigzati just sort of walks in like he owns the place.
like he owns the place? he just played the video game haha. sounds petty to me. i'm sure he could've done well in whatever competition you're talking about. i guess i don't know anything about it though, just seems like a weird thing for a lot of people to be pissed way off or whatever about.

I'm pretty sure the race was for a selected few of the jump academy regulars only as it was the jump academy map being raced, but I could be wrong. If so I can see why some people might be annoyed by that.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
see above, boogie

call it petty if you want but we had our race planned and prepared weeks in advance and he just waltzed in

Shit happens. That's the least of the problems of what went wrong imo
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Zigzati

• View Profile
stream didn't lose any viewers or potential donations because of me, honestly who cares

bshear

• View Profile
You're all missing the point. The point is stronger organization.

Whatever I'm done giving my input on this shit

is it? i was getting a "i did well in this competition i need to be more special than zigzati" vibe. my bad if i was wrong lol.
it's so insignificant having six people there instead of five or whatever it was that i'm dead !!

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
You're all missing the point. The point is stronger organization.

I'm sure you know all about that from your jump academy stream. Look man, you really think this is a biggest problem on the stream? You think this is the thing worth making drama over? Just let it go, I can't believe it actually "pissed off a lot of JA folks"

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
Yeah this thread isn't literally just "what are the main problems of the stream" it's a discussion thread for everything that happened. Literally on the first post:

This thread is for everyone to put their two cents in about what went wrong, what went right, and what can be changed to better improve next years stream.
You think this is the thing worth making drama over? Just let it go, I can't believe it actually "pissed off a lot of JA folks"

JA had their own competition to see who would participate in the JA map stream race. It's definitely frustrating to know the competition was worthless because zigzati just waltzed up onto the server and participated. It's really not that hard to understand why people would feel this way. maybe you're not cut out for community manager after all...

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
HEY CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR AU JUMPERS NEXT YEAR? THANK YOU

Ye i agree and if were going to have 2 separate segment during 2 differents days, would be nice to have 1 of them being the last segment of a day, like 9-10 pm est so its not at 5am for them again. Tho idk if we have any control over that.

as for the ja race thing, AI already said he had a solution for it for next year so people who are not allowed to race cant join. Pretty much the same thing happened on the eu race of cube, pretty sure it was just a race/playthrough with boshy, porkie and starkie but it turned out as a big race and I don't see boshy complaining that zigzati was in the race.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
I hate people. They never listen en just do whatever they like. If everyone would do that it everything would become a giant mess.
So next time, please make easy jumps and do not join a server you aren't supposed to be on.

This shit really pisses me of. Are you guys kids that you can't listen or something??

fishy

i deleted all of my posts in an attempt to un-derail this thread, as the one who apparently started the drama i ask that all of you fucking drop it now ok thanks

i spoke with bshear and vexon in private and it has been made clear just how out of line i was, sorry for singling out zigzati, wasnt even the fucking point.

seriously just fucking drop it. all angles have already been approached, and a solution has already been set in place.

to get the thread in the right direction again if anyone has any other things they want to bring up now is the time and this is the place
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:10:04 AM by fishy »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Look the majority of this community doesn't know how to listen, that's just the way it is. Stopping people from joining teams when they shouldn't be was a problem last year, it was a problem this year, and I am sure it'll stay a problem until someone makes a plugin or something allowing only certain players on certain maps. Either way it doesn't really matter as long as nolem's plugin is working. With the JA race, I'm sorry Zigzati joined the team, but he didn't win the race, he didn't really get featured, he didn't really disturb anything, he didn't cause any REAL problems. Shit happens, I forgot who was on the schedule for JA racers, I saw his name on the team, and I had to improvise. This all comes down to someone leaking the server info and password, which is a community problem. This problem doesn't necessarily lie within the organizing of the event, it lies within the community not being mature enough to act like adults for 2 hours. Because of us not being able to fully trust the members of the community, we (AI if he's up to it) will have to actually put a whitelist in the server for each players Steam ID.
Sorry about your JA race, but I can't believe it actually "pissed of a lot of JA folks". That just blows my mind. I mean be happy your map/race/domain was featured on the event, don't dwell on something SOOOOOOOOO miniscule.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
HEY CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR AU JUMPERS NEXT YEAR? THANK YOU
If I am doing it again it'll start with AU and end with NA...because, ykno, save the best for last amirite? xD