jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

New Bounce Heights Feat. Caber

Reich | Jump.tf

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Wallbugs are fun.
    • View Profile
So regarding the new videos I have posted, the caber is an interesting weapon to use for it is always consistent with it's height that it gains from the explosion. The height received from a caber hasn't been calculated yet, but is in the works by Lopez. Note: The caber's explosion is in the same spot no mater how fast you are moving or where you aim, so the effects from a crouched/uncrouched caber hit will be the same. You will always get the same result from a crouched/uncrouched caber hit as long as your vertical speed is consistent.

Take this video for example
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The platform 1 to 11 doesn't have a bounceable height [Crouched/Uncrouched/Jump to Uncrouched/Crouched], but with a caber bounce, the new height gained from that explosion pushed me to a crouched bounceable height. As long as you do a crouched bounce on the first platform with the caber, you will always be at a crouched bounce height for the 11th platform. The same can be said to this video (Starting platform's height + uncrouched caber to Crouched bounce)
Note: I did not jump at all when doing the uncrouched caber wall hit, the only height gained was from the caber explosion itself.

If you time your regen cycles right, you can hold down fire to chain together 2 or more of these caber hits such as: Crouched hit + Crouched hit; Crouched hit + Uncrouched hit; Uncrouched hit + Crouched hit; Uncrouched hit + Uncrouched hit; etc. This too will be consistent.

I'm hoping maybe these heights can be added to the Bchecker and RNC1839's bounce height lists due to how consistent the caber is once the height from the crouched/uncrouched explosion is calculated. The one unfortunate part about this is that the caber is susceptible to changes.

So looking at a rough standpoint of height from the caber, the caber's height goes as such, the units shown below are how high a platform can be and still be able to get to when you do a caber jump:
Uncrouched Caber Height
----------------------------
Uncrouched - 139
Crouched - 160

Crouched Caber Height
--------------------------
Uncrouched - 312
Crouched - 332
(These numbers are subject to change, obviously, but these are the max heights recorded from multiple tests done on jump_measurerific_v1)

Known Bounce Heights
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:06:54 AM by Reich | Jump.tf »

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog

• Intermediate
  • bind space hud_reloadscheme
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
thats pretty cool. trimp+ caber jump maps now come to my mind. I could even make one once we have at least a bit of heights

Reich | Jump.tf

• Intermediate
  • Wallbugs are fun.
    • View Profile
thats pretty cool. trimp+ caber jump maps now come to my mind. I could even make one once we have at least a bit of heights
The only known height so far is 1152u, which is an uncrouched caber to a crouched bounce. It would be cool to make a bounce map based around caber jumps.

• Intermediate
  • bind space hud_reloadscheme
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
pretty werid, just tested with 100, 101, 225, 224 hammer units (uncrouched caber hit  to bhop) and 258 units (crouched caber hit to bhop) those didn't work. I assume regular walk off uncrouched heights don't work for the caber. 190 for uncrouched hit to bhop either (equals to 329 - crouched walk off uncrouched bounce / bhop). so simple substraction of heights (walk off / crouched walk off - caber hit explosion height) doesn't really work. however, needs more testing
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:05:30 AM by 200 »

Reich | Jump.tf

• Intermediate
  • Wallbugs are fun.
    • View Profile
Yea, I tried walk off and crouched off heights as well, these are actually new freakin bounce heights, so excited.
For example: the 1152 bounce height doesn't match up with any other bounce heights plus the crouch off height that it gives (1291 uncrouched walk off, 1312 crouched walk off) doesn't match up with any other bounce heights too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:04:39 AM by Reich | Jump.tf »

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Is caber already banned on Tempus? Cause if it's not, it better be soon...

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
I believe it's banned but if angled bhops are allowed, what's so bad about caber bounces?

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
I believe it's banned but if angled bhops are allowed, what's so bad about caber bounces?

Because it's a different weapon that allows it. Bhops (including angles ones) are a gimmick of the engine but they work on any class with any weapon.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
Why does it matter if its a different weapon exactly? Aren't the classes supposed to be different regardless? And i thought angle bhops were inconsistent on demo due to sticky randomness anyway

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Why does it matter if its a different weapon exactly? Aren't the classes supposed to be different regardless? And i thought angle bhops were inconsistent on demo due to sticky randomness anyway

Angle bhop doesn't work for demo. It wouldn't even be an angle bhop since the angle really has no impact, your position relative to your sticky does, but since theres randomness when you shoot the sticky, it's basically impossible to line up anything consistenly.

as for the caber, it would be cool to have it on tempus for bounces, but afaik there's no way to allow it without all the cheats that would come with it, like using it to climb walls, catch on walls, speedshot, etc. It would break a lot of jumps.

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
If caber was allowed, there would be triple pipe caber prefires, tempus would implode from the density of aids

fishy

angled demo bounces could work with the help of a plugin to assist you in positioning yourself perfectly in relation to your sticky, but otherwise it's just a random bounce

Reich | Jump.tf

• Intermediate
  • Wallbugs are fun.
    • View Profile
Can we please not turn this tread into another angled bounce argument. We have enough of those.

Tyrael

• View Profile
I made a list using the same idea used to check for the bounces where you fire a rocket to start.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wsz_jePwqEH9ZZAqrGvRVcxya69gs3nJzaf2MIHZ74g/

I did very minimal testing so they might not work...