Welcome B)

Mouse sensitivity?

League · 20 · 3783

League

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
I am still working on corner pogos and have got them locked down for the most part but i find that the longer jump is, (jump_acepogo double left corner pogo in this case) I find my wrist position getting out of proportion form the numerous turns and adjustments. If i try to fix it then I mess up the jump. Have any of you had the same problem? What did you do to counter it? My sens is very high: about 2.4 inches p 360 (1850 dpi). Wondering what other sensitivity different users have and if it makes a difference? Im sure it comes down to preference but I was curious.

Thanks in advance ;D
League
hmm

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
That is quite a high sens, mine is 4 inch/360. There are some jumpers who have sens similar to yours, like kendrick and rnc, and they can wallpogo fine.

You are right, it does come down to preference, but if you find that it is stopping you from being able to wallpogo properly, perhaps try lowering it. Something else you could try if you'd prefer not to change your sens is to stop moving during wallpogo to adjust your wrist, then keep going.

Lopez

• Intermediate
  • can't find his car keys
    • View Profile
450 DPI, 2.2 ingame, 16.5 inch/360

I'm not that good of a jumper, but I like to think that having a low sens makes things a bit easier. I've also found that it's pretty easy to pick up and move my mouse at this sensitivity because the small jolt of picking up and putting it down doesn't noticeably change where I'm looking.
ultimate hammer mapping tutorial here

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
1600 dpi 1.5 in game
   As Afterglow put in his tutorial about sens, it doesn't really matter as jumpers are all over the place with it
   For corner pogo in general, I do a little circular motion with my hand so it goes back to the original position, though I can understand it's kinda awkward if you've never done it like that before ^.^

Also, pro tip: For that double left corner pogo jump, you're able to shoot the ground ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:42:17 PM by Superchuck »
The Rat Master

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Honestly there are objectively better sensitivities to learn with. Somewhere between 20-30cm/360 is generally a good place to start. The general mentality is to stick with what you are comfortable with, but that really isn't necessary especially if you have your sensitivity on one of the extreme ends of the scale. Unless you have played a few thousand hours with that sens and worked out how to make it work I would recommend you change it to something more manageable.

fishy

i have a 10 inch 360, boshy has like a 2 inch, kendrick has less than that, exco had like a 30 inch

it literally doesn't matter at all just use what you prefer, mess around with it and find your sweet spot

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
1600 dpi 1.5 in game
   As Afterglow put in his tutorial about sens, it doesn't really matter as jumpers are all over the place with it
   For corner pogo in general, I do a little circular motion with my hand so it goes back to the original position, though I can understand it's kinda awkward if you've never done it like that before ^.^

Also, pro tip: For that double left corner pogo jump, you're able to shoot the ground ;)

For corner pogos i seem to move my hand just more to the left:/ So ill try to work on that. Picking up the mouse very quickly or doing the circular motion should end up awkward but I should get used to it fast (hopefully) And yea i saw that in a tutorial video but i need the practice:D
hmm

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
i have a 10 inch 360, boshy has like a 2 inch, kendrick has less than that, exco had like a 30 inch

it literally doesn't matter at all just use what you prefer, mess around with it and find your sweet spot

Pretty relieving lol. Thanks for that:)
hmm

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
Honestly there are objectively better sensitivities to learn with. Somewhere between 20-30cm/360 is generally a good place to start. The general mentality is to stick with what you are comfortable with, but that really isn't necessary especially if you have your sensitivity on one of the extreme ends of the scale. Unless you have played a few thousand hours with that sens and worked out how to make it work I would recommend you change it to something more manageable.
Yea I've played Tf2 for about 2500 hours with that sense so I probably wont change it:D
hmm

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
tbh try other senses for a day or so to see how they are, I had around 5 inch/360 for jumping, but like 14 inch/360 for surfing
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

mouse

• Frags: +0/-1
    • View Profile
a question for people with really low sens 17inch+ have you been able to maintain it for a long period of time ?
ive played with 20 inch before for like 1 year but doing some transitions or even syncing in general was a pain in the ass and after a while i said enough, and im now at 10 and find it much more confortable for long sessions

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
a question for people with really low sens 17inch+ have you been able to maintain it for a long period of time ?
ive played with 20 inch before for like 1 year but doing some transitions or even syncing in general was a pain in the ass and after a while i said enough, and im now at 10 and find it much more confortable for long sessions

my experience is the opposite; i used to use 5" per 360 but my wrist would hurt after long sessions of jumping so now i use 10"
˄˅

fishy

frankly i've had 10" for several months and i want to go lower. i find myself overshooting my aim way too easily still. i just don't have the desk space for it

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
dont change youre sens because youll end up like me changing every day after having one bad day

fishy

i usually fall right back into place at 1.75 and 800dpi but i've been doing exactly that lol