jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

ToTH 2017 Speedrun/Race/Showcase Sign-ups

Guest · 47 · 7679

fishy

Hey guys.

So, I know ToTH is pretty far away still and it doesn't even have a planned location as far as I know, let alone a date, but I'd still like to get started on our planning nice and early. That way we have plenty breathing room before the event to make minor changes or just generally refine the schedule. As such, this thread will serve as a sign-up sheet for runs and races and such. I would just message you all individually, but I don't know everyone from every region.

Please post what class you would prefer and what map, and if you have a suggestion for races then be sure to list all the players you would like to see involved.

Example for readability's sake:

Map run/showcase
Player: Zike
Class: Demoman
Map: jump_how

Race
Players: un gato, superchuck, gibus
Class: Soldier
Map: jump_somethingcool

Please remember that we cannot use every suggestion, and we can't accept everyone, we only have so much time for the jump segment.

Thanks everyone, let's go ahead and get the ball rolling ahead of time.

Superchuck

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
map run/showcase
playa: supa chuck
class: soldier man
map: volcanic/Apex/flow/claustro2/lion
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:17:40 PM by Superchuck »
The Rat Master

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
ill just post this as a reminder, but last year's heavy focus on NA jumpers due to time constraints and oversights prompted a few of us to want to make sure that this time non NA jumpers get a safe amount of time to perform before NA does so they dont get screwed again

even if there are more time constraints this time around at least that would allow those non NA jumpers to get their time in

Ned

• View Profile
Race
Players: ned, boshy
Class: Soldier
Map: jump_academy_easy_c

8)

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
i want to play jump_onit on US East server pls
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:03:26 PM by gibus »
˄˅

Distasion

• View Profile
jump_academy2 ???
But seriously, ik it's going to be a long map if it ever gets done, but I think it doesn't hurt to consider it. Maybe even try out the idea of briefcase relay racing here.
Still shit at rocket jumping smh

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
jump_academy2 ???
But seriously, ik it's going to be a long map if it ever gets done, but I think it doesn't hurt to consider it. Maybe even try out the idea of briefcase relay racing here.

briefcase racing sounds great! idk how close to being done the cross server racing plugin by AI is, but if we can have that we could have like a team NA vs team EU vs team AU briefcase race on a map. Could be academy2 that sounds good!

Only if other countries are willing to get detroyed by NA ofc.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
ill just post this as a reminder, but last year's heavy focus on NA jumpers due to time constraints and oversights prompted a few of us to want to make sure that this time non NA jumpers get a safe amount of time to perform before NA does so they dont get screwed again

even if there are more time constraints this time around at least that would allow those non NA jumpers to get their time in

start with AU and EU and end with NA for sure...i jew'd the fuck out of AU last year

plus it makes sense to save the best for last ;;;;; )
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

fishy

frankly, i was planning for the JA2 map to be a solo showcase toward the start, then move on to EU/AU jumpers for a few showcases and a race, then move on to NA for the same thing, then our donation incentive

and because i'm planning so soon, we have room to squeeze in other fun stuff

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy

Lopez

• Intermediate
  • can't find his car keys
    • View Profile
jump_onit

If you do this count me in. I'd love to get passed on my own map on stream.
ultimate hammer mapping tutorial here

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile