jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_ablation_b4 Trimp Challenge

reindeer-

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey yo I've got a fun challenge here: you know that level on jump_ablation_b4 with a bunch of ring ramps where you have to jurf your way up?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or just 'setpos 0 -12000 -14386'

For those that don't know me, I'm the one that occasionally gets high and ends up with two demoknight jotwi meanrotw videos on rjweekly (127 & 189) that people seemed to enjoy.

Anyway, the challenge here is to trimp your way up as a demoknight, using ONLY the tide turner and the caber, and as fast as possible. Timer starts when you touch the first ramp, and ends when you land on the final platform. Here’s a showcase done by me.

Rules:
  • Use ONLY the caber and tide turner. No loose cannon/other weapons allowed, including booties and base jumper.
  • No EXTRA regen scripts, meaning the only way you can get your caber and charge back is through map regen.
  • No bhop script, custom air accel, tas plugin, LMAObox, or any other shenanigans. basically don't use anything outside of the standard TF2 settings. Seriously
  • To spice things up for creative strats, the timer starts when you TOUCH the first ramp for the LAST time before you reach the top, meaning that you can get a faster launch by falling from higher ramps onto the first ramp. You can also use the slanted walls. 'setpos' command is allowed for restarts only, but you must be at a complete standstill after using 'setpos', without carrying any momentum.
  • For submissions, you need to record both pov and stv demos, and post the links below.

Top 4 will be featured in a video by me, or maybe I'll ask one of the rjweekly editors to make a much better edit.

Deadline for now is June 1st (subject to change).