jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Online ROTW 200 and Beginnings runs

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
I seriously think that online runs should be allowed for these events, this is not 2013 anymore. This is mainly about soldiers, there is (almost) no difference for demoman runs. I get it that the offline timer and online timer are very different, but this could be simply fixed by adjusting offline runs' timer to the online runs' timers. (So the offline timer is irrelevant, the run starts where it would start on Tempus) Community events like that should include the whole community, and not only offline jumpers. This would make the races more interesting.

fishy

i hope you realize that offline demo is 1000x easier than online demo, and soldier is the one with relatively no difference between 0 and 50 ping

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
i hope you realize that offline demo is 1000x easier than online demo, and soldier is the one with relatively no difference between 0 and 50 ping
And how is your comment related to the topic? I hope you realize that I am an offline demo, so I probably knew that already, and how is that, or the fact that there is almost no difference between offline and online soldier, go against allowing online runs for rotw 200 and/or beginnings??

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I think he means why run online when offline demo is easier. And for soldier since theres no difference why change it.

Also tick regen on tempus make demo run different than offline.

Its not like anybody is at a disadvantage because they only allow offline run. Anybody whos serious about grinding the map to submit won't have a problem going offline.

Why change the rule when it makes no difference.

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
There are a few large inconsistencies between the zoning of the maps timer and Tempus' timer. With careful planning you could achieve parity between them.

It would be best to pick just offline or online, rather than having both. But offline wins out between those. It allows people who don't live in an area near Tempus to participate and eliminates ping as a factor entirely. I can guarantee if it was online only there would be 0 Australians participating.

newjuls

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Also tick regen on tempus make demo run different than offline.

Doesn't weekly have regen like on neptune where it's the same as tempus?

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
there is no such thing as an exclusively online jumper... if you jump online and cant offline then ur retarded

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
next time ur going to make a competition where only offline submissions are allowed (bg5?) can you at least wait until after the competition is over to add the map to tempus?
˄˅

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
next time ur going to make a competition where only offline submissions are allowed (bg5?) can you at least wait until after the competition is over to add the map to tempus?
Is there any particular reason why?

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
if you add the map to tempus theres a chance that before the competition ends the tempus wr run will be better than any offline submissions but since the rules dont allow online submissions youll be forced to use a run that isnt wr
˄˅