TF2 Upcoming Balance Changes

John · 17 · 2801

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=30147

Personally I feel like the DR and Ambassador nerfs could have gone a different route since the DR didn't really need nerfs but people are just bad in pubs and that ambassador is now nearly useless (bc in short range the stock does more dps and now you can't hit stuff long range).

Mantreads and Base Jumper are still banned for tf2 speedrunning!!! BUT jump_mantreads could now become a real thing

nick

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
fix the replay system so i can become a good editor

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
mantreads sound like a lot of fun, the base jumper was nice for strafing but horrible for everything else.

• Intermediate
  • bind space hud_reloadscheme
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
I love all the changes but pocket pistol. Especially razorback and donger shield. Good to hear TF2 team is communicating at least somehow.

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
Mantreads will be busted, I am looking forward to using them. Happy to see heavy getting a slight buff with his minigun. Panic attack will be... interesting. I don't care about the rest. Sure spy's will be happy about the amby changes. Also pretty boys pocket pistol will be too good I think.

Reich | Jump.tf

• Intermediate
  • Wallbugs are fun.
    • View Profile
nb4 mantreads becomes meta in low tier jumping

I'm actually quite curious how fun this will be with jurfing.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I stuffed around with the mantreads attribute and its of marginal use for surf/jurf but with high values is very strong for doing tight strafes

Basejumper change makes me sad, but it was already kinda kneecapped a while ago with the possible speedboosts it gave. Basically you used to be able to get pseudo speedshots if you rapidly deployed and undeployed at the same time you shot a wall; now you have to delay the undeploy quite a bit which works fine only for wallshots at low speeds.

fishy

+200% air accel would be a value of 30. makes jurfs completely trivial

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
but that isn't using gimmicky unlocks man. what is the fun in that?

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
map_mantreadsjurf when??
Just play surfmaps on normal air_accel??

I see that you are uncultured in the ways of gimmick mapping

Taatuu

• View Profile
Can anyone confirm that the "mod_air_control" item attribute is directly related to airaccel and airaccel only?

Edit: For the base jumper, valve dev wiki lists these variables:
Code: [Select]
tf_parachute_aircontrol                  : 2.5f     : , "sv", "rep", "launcher" : Multiplier for how much air control players have when Parachute is deployed
tf_parachute_gravity                     : 0.2f     : , "sv", "rep", "launcher" : Gravity while parachute is deployed
tf_parachute_maxspeed_onfire_z           : 10.0f    : , "sv", "rep", "launcher" : Max Z Speed when on Fire and Parachute is deployed
tf_parachute_maxspeed_xy                 : 400.0f   : , "sv", "rep", "launcher" : Max XY Speed while Parachute is deployed
tf_parachute_maxspeed_z                  : -100.0f  : , "sv", "rep", "launcher" : Max Z Speed while Parachute is deployed

Also, there is just "accelerate" along with airaccelerate, which is also set to 10 by default.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:41:42 PM by Taatuu »

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I've played around with the mantreads attribute using the add_attributes trigger thing in hammer.

Its my experience it is NOT air acceleration. Rather it lets you change air direction easier with just WSAD. With extreme values you can basically stop mid air then reverse backwards, but not at any great velocity. That being said it is still extremely powerful for aggressive strafing.

fishy

oh, interesting. now i want to play around with that