jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Double Speedshots

twibright

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity, when you do a double ss do you really speedshot off two rockets? If not then is a 'true' double ss possible? For me personally it feels like I only speedshot off one rocket and the other rocket just gives me a boost. I'm just basing this off the fact that when you do a double ss one of the painmarks is smaller.

I'm not really an expert, so I hope that someone might have an answer.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:11:36 AM by twibright »

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Basically you do a regular ss but you get boosted by another rocket right after so you fly a lot more.

So no, both rockets don't hit at the same time and I'm not sure about "perfect" double ss. That would mean both rockets hit at the same tick and that seems very unlikely...

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
So no, both rockets don't hit at the same time and I'm not sure about "perfect" double ss. That would mean both rockets hit at the same tick and that seems very unlikely...
TAS PLEASE

Larry

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
I don't see why a perfect double ss wouldn't be possible. It's not gonna make you magically go super far though

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
I don't see why a perfect double ss wouldn't be possible. It's not gonna make you magically go super far though

That was my guess aswell

Scorch

• View Profile
You won't get the magic extra boost you get from a single ss. That "extra boost" is your horizontal momentum being preserved for a few ticks longer than your vertical momentum, and you can't really increase your existing momentum past that. A tick perfect double ss would still go further than a non-perfect double ss though, just like a perfect double sync goes higher than an imperfect sync.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Yeah this is easy to see in TAS. Just set up a prefire SS until you get it perfect, then you do the 2nd shot like a normal SS.

Once you have the prefire SS working you get the magic momentum boost independent of the timing of the 2nd shot.

mouse

• Frags: +0/-1
    • View Profile
i think those happen when you get lucky, sometimes you get a massive boost from a double ss for no real reason

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
i think those happen when you get lucky, sometimes you get a massive boost from a double ss for no real reason
It's pretty easy to get a crouch sync from almost all sync ss setups; do you mean that even hitting the sync ss sometimes randomly gets you some extra boost?