jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Random bhops chances

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hello!

I was bored so I thought hey let's do some testing to find out what are the chances to get a bhop height from pogo! Idk if anybody did that before!

I used bounceassist and tas tool for that, bascially just recording a tas, then pogoing for a while while counting the number of rockets I shot, rewinding the tas and doing ba_loc between each rocket fired and counting the number of uncrouch bounce height I got.

All testing was done with stock launcher (original users can die) and with different kind of "setup" just to find out if there was a better way of doing it. This is all the setups and stats I got for each of them. I was doing it against a wall and holding w, but keep in mind I wasn't trying to keep my aim still for the first 3 setups, it was most likely all the way down, but it probably moved a bit left to right.

#1 - The most popular way of doing a random bhop, you attempt the bhop (I was trying Pbs) every shot you fire, so basically jump + crouch + shoot at the same time. Sometime you shoot too early and get to retry, sometime you fail and get tele. I did 100 attempts and got 20 bhop height. - 20% -

#2 - pogoing and pressing d between each shot. I got 17 bhop heights out of 100 attempts. - 17% -

#3 - pogo, press d for 2 shot, release for 3 shots after and repeat. I got 20 bhop height out of 100 attempts. - 20% -

#4 - pogo with a 95° (aim a bit left whìle still looking straight down) and press d between each shot. I got 38 bhops height out of 184 attempts. - ~20.65% -

I got 95 bhop height out of 484 attempts, or ~19.6%

Maybe there's an optimal precise angle to get a better chance, but I didn't really look for one. I leave that for someone crazier than me.

tl;dr It's roughly 1/5 chance of getting a bhop height during a pogo. So if you can't get 1 bhop in 10+min, sorry but you're just bad at the game!

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
so there is a chance that its impossible with original still and I'm not bad at the game. awesome

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

Larry

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
I'd imagine original would have a slightly lower chance since it tends to take you higher

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
i will use this on my way to school thank you
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Scorch

• View Profile
I'd imagine original would have a slightly lower chance since it tends to take you higher

it'd be extremely slight, the bhop height density goes down with height but not by that much

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
I always thought the chances were much more slim than that. Good to know
hmm