• Relax.
    • View Profile
Hey I felt there was a distinct lack of dumb wallpogo maps
That was your first mistake

pants

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Its like airpogo maps; gotta reach peak meme before we can go back to normality.

MrHappyCamper

Jesus Christ Valix, can you do these jumps? The combination of quints and wallpogo is evil.

-In some places its hard to tell what walls are usable and in other places its fine.
-You might want to increase the tele height in most places to 2-4 to prevent random bounces/unknown cheats.
-I could use the wall after the pb to skip the last quint in that one jump fairly easily, tbh that should be whats intended.
-I was able to cross the gap on the first jump before doing the 2nd corner, and its easier.
-You can 100% cheat the one jump with the comb of 180's with a basic wallshot. And even if you couldn't do that, you
 can do it much more easily by instead of catching on the opposite wall of the one you are currently on (a normal 180),
 shooting the opposite side once then catching on the next wall, if you can understand that. You can also skip a bunch by
 doing what I just mentioned.
-You might be able to skip the prefire->triple->quint by just prefiring to the start of the triple then doing a ctap triple, idk
 because I suck at syncs offline.

Thank you for this map Valix, its beautiful. But fix the cheats.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:39:57 PM by MrHappyCamper »

cadence

• net_fakelag 30
    • View Profile
    • https://www.twitch.tv/teardrop_tf

RainForce

• View Profile
In some places its hard to tell what walls are usable and in other places its fine.
I second that, it's very hard to tell quite often, use the textures like you had on first jump and move lights further away from the walls

1st jump:
Pretty decent, nothing new but a good starter. Probably want to make a spawn room before the jump and start people there though

2nd jump:
Also quite decent, though probably want to add a text for which kind of powerbounce it is

3rd jump:
I am not a big fan of syncs and definitely a big not-fan of syncs on "wallpogo" maps, so with that said, delet this.
If you intend to keep it though then make the platforms for syncs shoot-through at least

4th jump:
You can 100% cheat the one jump with the comb of 180's with a basic wallshot
Yeah, 100% cheatable and very easy to do so. Make a starting position further away and require people to do a bit of downward wallpogo before that to fix this.
Not a big fan of this jump either since it's really just a repetition of the same thing but there is enough place for pogoing and both sides are available so it works I guess.
Make the walls have a warning texture like 2 squares before the ceiling though so that people don't accidentally headbump

5th jump:
This as I understand is just very uncomfy wallshots so not really wallpogo. Delet.

6th jump:
0% wallpogo, 100% syncing. Delet

7th jump:
Not a big fan of edgebugs since they really are just a luck-grind but level is short so it's okay-ish. Might wanna reduce the size of the shootable wall to prevent confusion though

8th jump:
Now that's something. Not sure if doable but definitely something. You should probably fix the spawn though since one can just start very fast and skip both. probably

9th jump:
Ah here we go. Precision wallpogo. With a 180 corner. Nope, delet
Is 180 corner doable though? I usually do it with vertical climb instead of horizontal so I have no idea

10th jump:
I remember Dr.Gains wanted to do something like this on attached2 but decided against since it was quite uncomfy and precision-y. It's quite short and the hard part is at the beginning so it's okay-ish for last.
Cap has a "TODO: Set Name" text, probably want to change that

Also maybe wanna add a room with teleports to each jump and a back door of some sort on each but that's just nit-picking
wow

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
if you name it jump_cancer then its tryhard and it will get beaten eventually anyway, please reconsider your life choices and rename this map thank you now leave

valix

• View Profile
-You might be able to skip the prefire->triple->quint by just prefiring to the start of the triple then doing a ctap triple, idk
 because I suck at syncs offline.

Yeah. Weird I swear I had a nogrenade in the air above spawn to stop that, I guess that didn't work lol.

I am not a big fan of syncs and definitely a big not-fan of syncs on "wallpogo" maps, so with that said, delet this.
If you intend to keep it though then make the platforms for syncs shoot-through at least
6th jump: 0% wallpogo, 100% syncing. Delet
The syncs are my favorite part, so they'll stay. Will make the platforms shoot through-able.

8th jump:
Now that's something. Not sure if doable but definitely something. You should probably fix the spawn though since one can just start very fast and skip both. probably

It's definitely doable.

9th jump:
Ah here we go. Precision wallpogo. With a 180 corner. Nope, delet
Is 180 corner doable though? I usually do it with vertical climb instead of horizontal so I have no idea

I'm conflicted about this one, I like the tight 180 but might make it a bit shorter. The 180 is possible, I had to get quite a bit of a run-up, and there's a lil room for vertical climb.

I'mma change #4 and #5 cause they're gay and boring.

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

valix

• View Profile
new (and most likely final) version. Lots of changes.

- new textures and lighting
- proper spawn and cap room
- replaced #4 and #5 with new jumps
- #9 is now much shorter
- ground is now not pogoable for demo, and grey walls bounce stickies.
- jumps are (hopefully) now uncheatable
- lots of other stuff I dont remember.

bonus is made by bn

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubzqhar43t6yxo1/jump_turnuround_final.bsp?dl=0
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:07:27 PM by valix »

Peeko

• View Profile
delet syncs pls. also edgebugs but that one isn't as bad.

We couldn't get the new version to load on ECJ, maybe shoot person a message if you can.

valix

• View Profile
New showcase by MrHappyCamper and fixed bugs/updated a few things.

JoinedSenses

• ECJ Owner
  • Administrator
  • Novice
    • View Profile

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile