Random Powerbounce

League · 9 · 3261

League

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
Heya,

Been fiddling with random powerbounces from pogoing and have had PARTIAL success with some attempts.

For those in the dark^
However, when I successful hit the random bhop (or crouch bounce..not sure what it is at this point) I never go very high off the ground. I've been checking around with various jumpers and some have had great advice on the matter but I thought I would check the forums and see if anyone else had any other tips since I'm still struggling. I suspect I'm not hitting crouch at the right moment?? idk

I also have a demo for those that would like a better visual.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vncxf2bf5lf3x2/random_pb.dem?dl=0
Ticks 2400, 10500, 14100, 19000

Thanks in advance:D
hmm

fishy

you went as high as expected from a powerbounce there, so

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
you went as high as expected from a powerbounce there, so

I wish that was me. That’s Ymir
hmm

fishy

oh lmao oops. well i mean

if you're mashing jump crouch shoot just like a normal rjump you're doing it right. if you're not you're not

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
oh lmao oops. well i mean

if you're mashing jump crouch shoot just like a normal rjump you're doing it right. if you're not you're not

hm ok yea i wonder why im not going that high up...ill keep practicing:D
hmm

VAVLIE

• Novice
    • View Profile
From what I understand, the timing of the crouch input relative to when you jump is the main thing that can fuck up a random powerbounce, because if you press crouch too early, the only thing you can get out of it is a random crouch bounce. But if you press it too late you might bhop and get hit by the rocket before being actually crouched.

What I would recommend to get comfortable with the key presses is to just practice in a place with a setup before going for random ones. Once you're pretty consistent with a setup, go try to hit some random ones after starting a pogo (maybe use a tp bind to speed things up). If you're not hitting anything for a while, go back to the setup to see if you're still using the right key presses.

One thing that sucks with random powerbounces is that most of the time it's impossible to troubleshoot what went wrong. Was your key input wrong or were you just not at a bhop height? The only thing you can tell is if you don't get teleported and get to try again, you did the jump/shoot/crouch too early.

I noticed that for me, the correct timing to do the jump/shoot/crouch was a lot later than I first thought. If you get a lot of second chances in a single attempt you are most likely pressing things way too early. If you get teleported a lot on your first attempt you are probably too late.

Edit: if things are still really not working, try going just for a bhop see if you are at least timing that part well. A powerbounce is just a bhop quickly followed by taking rocket blast while crouched.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 10:55:02 AM by VAVLIE »

valix

• View Profile
If you're pbing correctly, fishy so eloquently worded it, the only thing you can be doing wrong is going too early consistently so you end up always hitting a crouched bounce instead of a PB. Go later for those sick pbs

As a side note random pbs are the worst thing in jump, pls remove.

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
From what I understand, the timing of the crouch input relative to when you jump is the main thing that can fuck up a random powerbounce, because if you press crouch too early, the only thing you can get out of it is a random crouch bounce. But if you press it too late you might bhop and get hit by the rocket before being actually crouched.

What I would recommend to get comfortable with the key presses is to just practice in a place with a setup before going for random ones. Once you're pretty consistent with a setup, go try to hit some random ones after starting a pogo (maybe use a tp bind to speed things up). If you're not hitting anything for a while, go back to the setup to see if you're still using the right key presses.

One thing that sucks with random powerbounces is that most of the time it's impossible to troubleshoot what went wrong. Was your key input wrong or were you just not at a bhop height? The only thing you can tell is if you don't get teleported and get to try again, you did the jump/shoot/crouch too early.

I noticed that for me, the correct timing to do the jump/shoot/crouch was a lot later than I first thought. If you get a lot of second chances in a single attempt you are most likely pressing things way too early. If you get teleported a lot on your first attempt you are probably too late.

Edit: if things are still really not working, try going just for a bhop see if you are at least timing that part well. A powerbounce is just a bhop quickly followed by taking rocket blast while crouched.

Thanks for the feedback. I can hit powerbounces/Bhops very consistently but for some reason this is what I struggle with haha. I don’t think going for just the random bhop would work from pogoing since I need to press crouch occasionally to keep the pogo right?
hmm

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
If you're pbing correctly, fishy so eloquently worded it, the only thing you can be doing wrong is going too early consistently so you end up always hitting a crouched bounce instead of a PB. Go later for those sick pbs

As a side note random pbs are the worst thing in jump, pls remove.
Tbh I like the anticipation.
hmm