jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_minecraftia_preview22

Entropy-Soldier

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
It is time to finally end the fullbright-induced blindness many jumpers have suffered at the hands of jump_minecraftia_preview12.

Featuring an extensive overhaul of many of jump_minecraftia's 90 jumps, the difficulty curve should be much smoother.  In addition, a few notably frustrating jumps and map elements, like the water tunnel in the desert section, have been adjusted as to make the map more enjoyable to play and speedrun.

The biggest feature, however, is that every single jump has been given the proper lighting, which will hopefully make for a much more enjoyable experience.

jump_minecraftia_preview22:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11E_VPAZQOqstg1KfLz1L_rRGlhwQWc7H

Files for Fast Download Server:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wvRv4FNI2Qm9MRkTkHhGwGwGZ1IRZhVW

Despite all the massive improvements the map still isn't done, as it was always envisioned to have 100 jumps and I refuse to give up on that dream.  However, I'm a pathetic casual that can't even ctap so it might be a while before the proper ending to jump_minecraftia is completed.  There's also a number of hammer-related issues to overcome, namely the brush limit and mysterious lighting related crashes.  I hope that in the meantime all of you can have fun with this new version of the map!

Special thanks to Gorge004, Klowwd, and all of my other awesome testers for encouraging me, providing feedback, and making sure this version of the map actually got finished.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:53:18 PM by Entropy-Soldier »

Klowwd

• Proficient
    • View Profile

Diabolical

• View Profile
Oh good update. Shame it isn't finished yet though. I had my hopes up

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Nice!

Sent from my dinning table using google chrome
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:51:19 AM by Dr. Heinz »

JoinedSenses

• ECJ Owner
  • Administrator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
Map looks great, the lighting gives it a lot of life

Took me a bit to figure out how to get the partiles working - I'm not certain if it's possible to pack this stuff in with the map instead?

Suggest using https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=602270
Server layout:
tf/maps/jump_minecraftia_preview22_particles.txt
tf/resource/jump_minecraftia_preview22.res
tf/particles/torcheffects.pcf

FastDL layout:
pretty much same as above, just whever your fastdl folders are

downloads.ini:
Code: [Select]
//Don't modify or remove the Comment Lines ( // )
//Files (Download Only No Precache)
maps/jump_minecraftia_preview22_particles.txt
resource/jump_minecraftia_preview22.res
particles/torcheffects.pcf

//Decal Files (Download and Precache)

//Sound Files (Download and Precache)

//Model Files (Download and Precache)

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2634602&postcount=485
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:11:28 PM by JoinedSenses »

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
Can we get a repack of this map with the missing resources?  I'd like to run this updated version on JA servers but without needing to upload extra files to the fastdl.

Entropy-Soldier

• View Profile
Sadly the particles won't work packed into the map based on our testing, or maybe it's just the script that loads them...not entirely sure on that.  Either way, there's at least one file that needs to be external so a reslist is required.

I'm really surprised that having the reslist in /tf/maps/ is causing trouble, really.  This same positioning is used by another source game I play and it works great there, and seems to be the correct location for TF2 according to this guide:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Adding_a_Maplist_Thumbnail#Creating_the_RES_file

There shouldn't be a need for any special plugins if it's set up correctly...though with a fast download server from what I understand you will need to individually compress every single asset on the fast download server if the map itself is compressed with .bz2 format or they won't download properly.  There's ways to automate the compression for maps with a large number of assets, though in this case it should be easy enough to do manually.

Anyway, if things need to be moved around it's no big deal, I'm just surprised they need to be.  Sadly there's no way to get rid of the reslist if the custom particle effects are desired, but for sure it should work out of the box without any extra plugins or unusual configuration.  If the current configuration isn't working for anyone I'll have to do some testing later this week and see if it's just a matter of putting the reslist into the /tf/resources/ folder as you suggest, JoinedSenses.

Entropy-Soldier

• View Profile
I did some testing on a locally hosted dedicated server and with the current file tree I was able to download the particle effects no issue.

There might be some problem TF2 introduced with fast download servers, but I suspect the issue is just the rather picky implementation of them.  I've uploaded a compressed file tree with a link in the opening post for direct upload to your fast download server, if you use one, that will hopefully make things easier and fix the issue of the particle assets not downloading properly.

If this doesn't fix the issue, please let me know and I'll try to figure something else out.

GentlePuppet

• The Kind Hearted Dragon, Wruzz Jen-Iisk
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Sadly the particles won't work packed into the map based on our testing, or maybe it's just the script that loads them...not entirely sure on that.  Either way, there's at least one file that needs to be external so a reslist is required.

Did you pack the required map_name_particles.txt into the maps folder in the bsp?
Which has the following in it.
Code: [Select]
particles_manifest
{
"file" "!particles/custom_particles_file.pcf"
}
Cause I've had maps with custom particles and they worked just fine packed.

EDIT: I just packed the files myself and they work just fine, idk what yer doing wrong, but yer doing something wrong for sure. But this is how it's supposed to look

Here's a link to the repacked version, I included a custom level sounds to block the resupply and damage grunts as well as compressing the map, Enjoy.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/24ilm755hk5mx12/jump_minecraftia_preview22_repacked.bsp
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 01:03:02 PM by GentlePuppet »

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1npNEh-dz4g3QfP-uB9aJXuw2Zw_JDm78/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:
1- Made the buttons on c3 last (desert), and both button jumps in the nether press automatically for demos.
-C3 last you just have to reach the end to have doors open for you.
- jump 67 in nether the door will open as you fly towards the door
- jump 70 the door will open when you get close to it, but you still need to shoot the platform button if you want to land on it.
2- Button jumps are now uncheatable for soldier. Doesn't matter if someone is on the jump or someone has just open the doors, you NEED to press all buttons to be able to go through the door. You will get teleported back to the start of the jump otherwise. This change is for all buttons in desert and nether.

Renamed the map to a1_v2 as requested by E-S.