Welcome B)

Help my team get to Copenhagen LAN 2019

Boshy · 14 · 2822

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi there!

I’ve started streaming recently (twitch.tv/boshytf) with the intention to raise money to get my team to Copenhagen LAN to compete there with other epic gamers (you can read more about it here https://www.teamfortress.tv/51293/help-russians-to-get-to-lan) and I thought I’d make a forum post about it here as well.

Originally, I wanted to offer perks for people who donate a set amount (like signing items/running specific map/etc) but that felt selloutish and I thought of a different approach. What I thought of was me having donation goals for things on stream and then people can donate however much they want and I’ll do those things when I meet the goal. So far I could only think of very basic goals like:

- running some dumb iconic map like jump_squared or jump_when because people wanted to see those

- raffling my unusual fox hat between people who donate (but this would probably still require a set amount of money to enter) and maybe some other unusuals as well

Since I don’t have “paid perks” any support would be appreciated and also feel free to suggest other things I could do on stream.

EDIT: It's been a few days and so far there is very little feedback on this so im just gonna go with my plan and add a donation goal towards squared/when (not gonna add the unusual raffles for now). Also still considering streaming 6s/hl. So far I've raised $325 (and i had $100 saved up) out of $800 required so its looking pretty promising so far. Thank you to everyone who donated or supported my stream in any way.

I would update this post and add more details when I get feedback.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:33:55 AM by Boshy »

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

Klowwd

• Proficient
    • View Profile
When will we get streams of scrims/matches?
I can probably donate soon enough btw

reero

• Server Admin
  • Novice
    • Frags: +2/-1
    • View Profile
[S|Empress] twitch.tv/boshytf: I will only run uranium for $500

Zike

• Proficient
    • View Profile

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
When will we get streams of scrims/matches?
I can probably donate soon enough btw

I wasnt sure if i wanna stream scrims (or comp stuff in general) because of russian comms, but if enough people wanna watch i guess i could

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
This is a really nice idea. Unfortunately I won't be able to donate but I wish you the best in being able to get your team to the LAN.

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

hellboy

• v v bad
    • View Profile

Zike

• Proficient
    • View Profile