jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_outmywindow

planck · 7 · 1685

planck

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
My first jump map, jump_outmywindow. It's T3 and I hope you like it.

https://fakkelbrigade.eu/maps/jump_outmywindow_finallly.bsp

Big thanks to mac for teaching me how to use hammer and no thanks to mop, smithers, greenrab and jake for bullying me while i made it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 08:40:52 AM by planck »

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
both teams spawn in the same room
idk how i feel about the teleport doors though, its different for sure.

i just described the jump before the feedback so it was easier for me to keep track since the map has no numbers.
1. basic wallshot
-no problems
2. tele sync
3. bunch of right wallshots
-the spacing is pretty good i like it
4. climb to sync to triple
- no problems
5. this bhop jump needs some tweaks
-give a hint to what kind of bounce it is  (jump > bhop is the one i found)
-make the starting platform bigger, everytime i miss the bhop i just tele hop off the platform and get reset again
6. -didnt know i had to sync after the ramp sync, but you can ctap up to it idk if thats intentional
7. wallshot to wallsync
-its really easy compared to earlier jumps but i dont think that matters imo
8. ss to wallcatch and climb
-no problems
9.triple to wallshots
-no problems
10. ss to double
-needs a decent ss/double, i like the jump overall
11. rj out of water to 3 wallshots then rampshot
 -this jump needs lighting work theres alot of dark areas (the very start and the tunnel)
-the jump itself is fine

TheRaven

• View Profile
I really dislike the window-teleport. It just feel annoying.
3 was very hard for me. I had to sync it to do the jump - is it supposed to be synced? Maybe I'm just bad, but the following jumps are much, much easier.
6 was really difficult for me compared to the rest of the jumps. The height of the first red bar felt too low, making the jump awkward.Or maybe it was the second one being too high, idk.
Last definitely needs lighting. I had to turn on fullbright to do it. Overall, the map could use some windows for lighting. Also, I would make it so the left wallshot was only high, and the right wallshot only low. That way, it's easier to figure out what to do.
I didn't like how small the initial wallshot was on jumps like 8. I often got behind it, which was just frustrating.
Otherwise, nice map - even though the crocodile scared the shit out of me.

Zyphon

• Novice
    • View Profile
Most of the stuff I wanted to say has been said by exile. however I disagree with the triple to wall shots jump (9) spacing, it seems way too short especially with the last two wall shots, really like the jump just needs to be spaced out more. Also not a fan of the "window teleports" to the next level (maybe just make them wider idk), but last has a nice jump scare first time. So overall some good jumps, but a bit of work still needed on spacing, lighting and teleports. Good job.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:25:12 AM by Zyphon »

CHRIS :)

• View Profile
2: I would make one of the walls shootable and put the tele there to make the jump easier.
9: Spacing right now only works if u hit a bad sync, a good sync just overshoots the wallshots and makes u miss the plat.
10: Can be cheated with a telesync to a double, really like this jump.

Didn't mind the teleports, its something different. Shat my pants on last lmao, overal a nice map, needs some polishing.

planck

• View Profile
Thanks everybody for the feedback and playing my map. Here the updated and final version. Feel free add it to tempus or anything.

https://fakkelbrigade.eu/maps/jump_outmywindow_finallly.bsp

Changes.
- Reordered jumps
- Added numbers
- Added aids bonuses
- Added lights to dark jumps
- Other stuff that i can't remeber

I'm doing my final year dissatation over the next few weeks so I don't really have anymore time to sink into it.

newjuls

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
jesus fucking christ the thing on last scared the shit out of me

cool map