jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_haze

wild · 30 · 2519

wild

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
b6: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QyYia2mU5XVWFBUitalq5MpBEQFE2z8m/view?usp=sharing

Since I didn't bother to give a changelog for b4 and b5 I figure I'll list out some changes here.
Bold means still tweaking
- Respaced almost every level and connector, removed some headchecks, etc.
- Removed level 1
- Reimagined second last (Now has an additional turn and strat into last is much more interesting
- Added a lot of greenery (props & decals)
- Added waterfalls and changed water textures
- Added more lighting (torii lamps! :) )
- Added Cubemaps :)
- Made the walls on start of map bouncy to remove wall double start & changed texture for clarity
- Added soundscapes + ambient_generic

Todo:
- Add bonuses
- Add spawnroom
- Add catapults for teleports
- Add secrets ;)
- Finish up detailing

Map should be done soon! :-)

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Played _b6, pretty neat beginner map but it feels more like a t3 than t2 because of lvl 6 (if you just double then the strafe is pretty tough and otherwise pogoing would be t3). Up to you if you wanna change it to be more t2ish or not. Waiting for _final (and bonuses) to test again, gonna add it to tempus whenever its done.

cowboyana

• View Profile
Played _b6, pretty neat beginner map but it feels more like a t3 than t2 because of lvl 6 (if you just double then the strafe is pretty tough and otherwise pogoing would be t3). Up to you if you wanna change it to be more t2ish or not. Waiting for _final (and bonuses) to test again, gonna add it to tempus whenever its done.

I dunno, I thought anything you can pencil pogo and hug a wall the whole time without even needing a double is t2? I agree 6 would be the hardest jump if using the easiest strats for everything. Still feels pretty much right in the middle of demo t2s in terms of difficulty for a new player to me, you could flail through it with a couple wall stickies more than like some jumps on lithium, rewind and pine without understanding pogo at all

This map feels real fun to zoom thru so I dunno if you care about the difficulty curve at all, but it is really trivial to just do a crouched double for last. I dunno how I'd change that without making fun strats more frustrating though

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
There aren't strict guidelines for tiers but I personally think that t1 needs to be something super simple (easy doubles all the way), t2 would be a step up from that but still limited to doubles and easy double pres, t3 is where pogo and more precise stuff comes in. I could probably still put this one as t2 but that jump felt t3 to me idk, it's a bit hard to judge without knowing how noobs would play the map since I saw some t3 jumpers really struggling with strafes on sketchy despite being able to do everything else.

Hona

• View Profile
Love the map wild, imo really need to anti double last to keep a good flow of difficulty.

cat‎

• View Profile
great work so far! the map is detailed just the right amount, and i don't have any fps issues while playing.

keep it up :)

vov&sons

• bruh
    • View Profile

Klowwd

• Proficient
    • View Profile
you're gonna wanna remove this off ECJ

what the fuck this map is beast

wild

• View Profile
rc1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L5frSzLHtRzzcmUwz-XDNK-W_TImHQ9x/view?usp=sharing

I kind of made too many promises to keep... sorry boys. Next version will probably be final unless there's something major I need to fix.

Syphilis

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
The tele on b2 being invisible and high makes it a bit of a nightmare

yeye

• Novice
    • View Profile
incredible map

although for soldier, no idea why u made it notele. its a really fun map as soldier even with the teles in, more so i think. tbh teles would enhance the experience for soldier imo
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:58:26 AM by yeye »

Klowwd

• Proficient
    • View Profile
This looks like it's ready to be uploaded. fucking banger, can't wait to try for hours to get tt only to get 9th and have it be sniped 2 weeks later

wild

• View Profile
incredible map

although for soldier, no idea why u made it notele. its a really fun map as soldier even with the teles in, more so i think. tbh teles would enhance the experience for soldier imo
I find there's more freedom for speed strats without teles. There are a couple of levels that are pretty cringe with teles too and I wanted to be consistent throughout the map if I was going to make a few levels notele

yeye

• Novice
    • View Profile
incredible map

I find there's more freedom for speed strats without teles. There are a couple of levels that are pretty cringe with teles too and I wanted to be consistent throughout the map if I was going to make a few levels notele

i can see where ur coming from but is speed the only thing you care about  :'(