jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

How to make a jump TAS?

TruDruChocolateMilk

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I'm just wondering how one might get started in making a jump TAS (apart from learning how to rocket jump lol). I always found them very satisfying to watch and recently I've been very interested in rocket jumping so I thought "I want to make one of these". The thing is there isn't really any info on how to get started with them. I was talking to someone and they suggested using a speed hack like in geometry dash where it slows it down for more precise movement, but I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Elandi!!

• View Profile

TruDruChocolateMilk

• View Profile
i actually did figure that out lol, but is there anymore or is that really the only way to TAS, like i mentioned speed hacks in GD, do you know of anything like that?

hex

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
i actually did figure that out lol, but is there anymore or is that really the only way to TAS, like i mentioned speed hacks in GD, do you know of anything like that?

tf2 tas is very limited so you basically just have savestates (that dont even save stickies on demo so its more like a segmented run even). i think you can use host_timescale to change the speed while doing a tas recording but idr if that works or not

Elandi!!

• View Profile
host_timescale 0.1 (or lower) lets u slow down time while making a tas recording, but it always looks very ugly in play back so people usually never use it.