jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

All T3 Soldier Jump Maps Speedrun

hooligan

• Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Tired of getting called a massive Noob while attempting to play maps quickly?

Tired of lacking consistency when running easy maps that you should be able to Top TimeTM within 30 minutes?

Then look no Further...

With the advent of a lack of admins and tempus going down the shitter, its time to revitalize jumping with something 12-hours-on-one-map completion mains and speedrunners can enjoy.

ALL T3 SOLDIER MAPS SPEEDRUN

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oVpQnSEgh8l8RFMsFab0FwrOSV2pckDzReVEf2kHNUQ/edit?usp=sharing

The Rules Are Simple (And You Can Read Them Yourself)

Single segment, same rules that apply to tempus runs, and all soldier-intended as well as multi-class T3's are included in it (gimmicks removed).

If you want epic clout within the community, you can stream this to cement your place among LEGENDS. But don't take my word for it, have a look at one satisfied customer's testimonial.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AstutePeacefulPigAMPTropPunch-3G9ZtC02X8FUkS5o

If you want to submit for the leaderboard, gotta have Video Proof, and then dm me on discord or something and I'll update the spreadsheet.

HAVE FUN WITH THE GAMING, GAMERS

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mazlli

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • i use left viewmodels
    • View Profile
As cool as this is, wouldn?t any past runs be invalidated once another T3 map gets released?

hooligan

• View Profile
As cool as this is, wouldn?t any past runs be invalidated once another T3 map gets released?

listen bud this is TEMPUS T3's, and do you see any new maps getting added any time soon? Didn't think so, therefore do the run

edit: plus the maplist is there so yea, we can do versions if this actually picks up, but for now this is what we got
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:01:52 PM by hooligan »

firestabber

• View Profile
Hmm, I wonder if all Tempus solly t3's 2018, for example, might be something that'd be savory to run.  Just something that's not such a marathon, but still has a good set of maps that are feasible to do consistent strats to get a fast run that's longer than just a couple minutes like single-map runs are.  There's an itch I have for something between a single-map run and this huge marathon. 

hooligan

• View Profile
Hmm, I wonder if all Tempus solly t3's 2018, for example, might be something that'd be savory to run.  Just something that's not such a marathon, but still has a good set of maps that are feasible to do consistent strats to get a fast run that's longer than just a couple minutes like single-map runs are.  There's an itch I have for something between a single-map run and this huge marathon.

If you're actually mildly practiced with the maps, and more importantly know where to go, then the run should take less than 6 hours, optimally its sub 5 without too many massive timelosses. If you go into it blindly (like Tev) it may take 11 hours or more.

firestabber

• View Profile

If you're actually mildly practiced with the maps, and more importantly know where to go, then the run should take less than 6 hours, optimally its sub 5 without too many massive timelosses. If you go into it blindly (like Tev) it may take 11 hours or more.

40-90 mins for a clean run, and jumps no harder than low T5 so you can get pretty consistent at them fairly quickly is the sort of thing I'm looking for, personally.  This is still a cool remix of how to do a jumping challenge, for sure, though.  Easier but longer stuff like this makes it be even more about long-term consistency rather than just getting one good 4-minute-or-less run.  Missing a single jump isn't a big deal, it's all about hitting jumps relatively quickly and consistently. 

mazlli

• Novice
  • i use left viewmodels
    • View Profile

I like this idea, Run all the T3 maps released in 2018, 2019, etc. Mix and match and opens for more categories if you decide to do all 2017-2020 or w/e

Larry

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
this doesn't have filtering for intended class since that doesn't exist in the api but i'll put this here anyway: https://laurirasanen.github.io/tempus-map-config/

hooligan

• View Profile
this doesn't have filtering for intended class since that doesn't exist in the api but i'll put this here anyway: https://laurirasanen.github.io/tempus-map-config/

Mega useful for t3 and under, unlucky that api doesnt have filters for maps by intended class or gimmicks and stuff. Kind of an issue with soldier that tiers above 3 aren't the most balanced in terms of map type. With T5s especially, of the 122 completable, only 50 are actually soldier maps that also aren't gimmick or single-tech maps.

Zike

• Proficient
    • View Profile

Mega useful for t3 and under, unlucky that api doesnt have filters for maps by intended class or gimmicks and stuff. Kind of an issue with soldier that tiers above 3 aren't the most balanced in terms of map type. With T5s especially, of the 122 completable, only 50 are actually soldier maps that also aren't gimmick or single-tech maps.

For reference, when I was making the demo one 150/200 T3 demo maps are soldier intended. T4 was also pretty bad.

hooligan

• View Profile

For reference, when I was making the demo one 150/200 T3 demo maps are soldier intended. T4 was also pretty bad.

My conclusion is that solly has too many demo-t3s and demo has too many solly-t5s, root cause of all tempus offclass point issues.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Pretty cool idea. But what about the loading times of the maps?

hooligan

• View Profile
Pretty cool idea. But what about the loading times of the maps?

the timing is rta my guy, i don't think loads vary wildly between people, especially offline

vice

• Intermediate
  • im shit at jumping
    • View Profile
cool idea and all but what if we don't have the map or do we have to dl all the maps before doing this abomination (also goes for zike post)