johnyb

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I need some explanations..
So, i have this simple bind for rj
alias +rocketjump "+attack;+jump"
alias -rocketjump "-attack;-jump"
bind mouse2 +rocketjump
i crouch with ctrl and shoot and jump with m2 so  i get solid average ctap jumps. But recently i figured out that i can't get maximum height no matter ho hard i try. I can't pass 1st jump at jump_2manitou, or 4-3 last walls on jump_academy_easy_e. I watched all freaking guide videos, almost broke my mind trying to understand what's wrong. UNTIL i start manually pressing all three buttons as our grandparents did in 2007.  It worked!! So i have a question
1: What's the difference?
2: Why when i do it manually i get this weird bug, where i got pushed backwards? (last part on video)
https://youtu.be/M3OYPSMJJlo

rellort

• View Profile
I  would guess that since rockets have travel time you don?t actually want to press jump and shoot at the same time.
But I don?t use any scripts so I don?t really know.

firestabber

• View Profile
I can confirm what Rellort said: you want to shoot before jumping for max height ctaps, meaning you either need "wait" in your script or just time it manually.  The "pushing back" thing just looks like you're not holding W, and your rocket, which landed in front of you, is pushing you backwards.  Really doesn't make sense to be anything else.