jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Tempus Cup 2022 Launch + Information

Exile · 67 · 17016

Poll

Change Tempus Cup stage 2/3 to 1 week each instead of 2?

Make it 1 week for stage 2 and 3
18 (60%)
keep it as is (2 weeks per stage)
12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

The first ever Tempus Cup is starting very soon so this is the official launch thread with all the details you need to know for competing before it begins. The most important change we have decided to make is that top 10 placements will now get payouts due do this being the biggest jump competition prize pool ever (more info below).  If there are any questions or concerns feel free to ask to clear things up.

Schedule and Deadlines
First stage maps will be released on Jan 1st (as early into the day as possible, even midnight) and the next stages will start 2 weeks after the previous stage is released. Each stage will have open submissions for 2 weeks. Your final time must be submitted/logged before the end date/time.

• Stage 1 start date: Jan 1st
  • Stage 1 end date: Jan 14th, 11:59 EST
  • Stage 2 start date: Jan 15th
  • Stage 2 end date: Jan 22th, 11:59 EST
  • Stage 3 start date: Jan 23th
  • Stage 3 end date: Jan 29th, 11:59 EST

Maps

• Stage 1 Soldier
    jump_relicta by mazlli (t2)
  • Stage 1 Demo
    jump_beryllium by 879m (t2)
  • Stage 2 Soldier
    jump_vespertine by Shunix (t4)
  • Stage 2 Demo
    jump_causatham by hex (t4)
  • Stage 3 Soldier
    jump_ember by maxxy (t5)
  • Stage 3 Demo
    jump_and by Waldo and reero (t5)

Speedrun Rules
  • All runs must be done with stock items only with the exception of the cow mangler, original, gunboats for soldier (melee reskins are fine).
  • For offline runs, all tempus settings and rules apply (no hurtme, buddha, sv_gravity, TAS, regen commands, pitchdown, button cheating, alt accounts, or different weapon whitelists).
     -only plugins allowed are speedo and rampfix
  • Completing the map in obviously glitchy or unintended ways will nullify the run (using moveable props or walking backwards on stage 1)

How To Submit Runs

• Runs done on tempus will automatically be submitted
  • For offline runs
     -Submit runs to TheTempusCup@gmail.com
     -Both pov and stv demos are required or your run will NOT be accepted, no exceptions.
  • Format to name demos
    -Make sure your demo file names include: map name, time, start tick, and type of demo (stv/pov)
       example: Exile_jumpmapname_1m_40s_289382_stv
     -Multiple runs can be submitted and the best time will be ranked.

Prize Breakdown
The total prizepool is 1100+ keys. The percentages for payouts below are per map.

1st - 19%
2nd - 17%
3rd - 15%
4th - 13%
5th - 11%
6th -9%
7th -7%
8th - 5%
9th - 3%
10th - 1%

Donation Info

Due to issues with the previous method to donate USD, its recommended to buy keys and donate those instead. If paypal is preferred contact me and we can discuss. The minimum amount to get a shoutout at the end of the map is still 10 USD or tf2 item equivalent (5 keys minimum for shoutout, non key items will be converted to keys.)
  • Donations will remain open until the final day of stage 3(jan 29th), this is also the last day to get your name onto the shoutout board at the end of maps.
  • All donations will be converted to tf2 keys to make payouts smoother

Donate Tf2 Items Here

Add me here

Player bans
  • Anyone who has cheated in any previous jump competitions is not allowed to submit times.
  • If player is banned for any part of a stage, only times submitted or logged on tempus before the ban are valid.
  • Anyone involved with the organization or mapping/testing for tempus cup cannot participate

Helpful Links

Times will be public listed and updated as stages progress in this spreadsheet, we encourage participants to submit times as they are achieved. Map downloads will also be added once the event starts.
Map Times Spreadsheet

S1 Demo Download
S1 Soldier Download

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 11:03:46 PM by Exile »

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Will the times of offline runs be posted somewhere publicly visible during the event, or will these times not be visible until a stage ends?

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
Will the times of offline runs be posted somewhere publicly visible during the event, or will these times not be visible until a stage ends?

Yea, I added a section for links and stuff and the sheet will be updated as things happen.

Also added rough estimate of the total prize pool in keys in the prize pool breakdown section.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

UberTaco

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • hello im gay
    • View Profile
hello i dumb, how many keys equals 10 bucks? 5?

Yea 5 keys, ill update post.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 07:15:35 PM by Exile »

UberTaco

• Novice
  • hello im gay
    • View Profile
hello i dumb, how many keys equals 10 bucks? 5?

why did u edit my post also ty
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 08:01:58 PM by Exile »

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
o man these forums buttons are too advanced for me my bad
but yea 5 keys for shoutout

UberTaco

• Novice
  • hello im gay
    • View Profile
o man these forums buttons are too advanced for me my bad
but yea 5 keys for shoutout

technology is hard i get it

klanana

• View Profile
I heard about this tonight and I cant even tell you how happy it makes me - comp jumping with a prize!!

If you ever want to do an Old Map Cup let me know - I'd be down to help sponsor it!! <3

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
There's been some discussion among players that 2 weeks is way too long for each stage for a handful of reasons/preferences so I figure it would be worth asking the community if a change would be good for the future 2 stages. It would just be stage 2 and 3 being reduced to only being 1 week instead of 2. I have no problems with this is it's what the majority want so below are the proposed start and end times for s2/3 and a poll at the top of the thread to cast your vote on. Stage 1 will still end on the 15th. Questions and comments are welcome below too.

Deadline to vote is 2 days from now (Jan 8th 11:59 EST)

• Stage 2 start date: Jan 15th
  • Stage 2 end date: Jan 21th, 11:59 EST
  • Stage 3 start date: Jan 22th
  • Stage 3 end date: Jan 28th, 11:59 EST
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 08:51:04 PM by Exile »

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
there were some issues with the strawpoll so I added a poll to the top of this thread so if you already voted on the strawpoll please revote here.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
based on the poll the next two stages will be 1 week long only, dates will be updated in the original post

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
Important updates before stage 2 gets underway

There's been a handful of concerns from competitors as well as organizers about offline runs, more specifically people waiting until the last minute to reveal times which is not very in the spirit of competition since runs done on tempus are immediately available to the public. It'd be hard to force people to submit runs done offline reliably so we're deciding to make stages 2 and 3 strictly Tempus Servers Only now. As always feedback is good.

Extra update about schedule, there was an error on the start end dates for s1, so we will accept runs until jan15th 11:59pm EST. Other date and times should be correct.

S2 Demo Download
S2 Soldier Download
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 07:40:31 PM by Exile »