jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

TF2 jump at GDQ?

Kered13

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I just saw Shootmania Storm at GDQ. It's an enjoyable run, with a lot of similarities to TF2 jumping.

This got me to wonder, has anyone ever tried to get TF2 jumping into GDQ?

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
TomSinister, esteemed author of jump_sinister, submitted it back in 2015 or 2016 as a similar format of showcase a few maps for like 30 minutes. However, the submission was denied at the time. Already having our own TF2 charity events like ToTH to participate in, no one has ever really made a push to try and get into a GDQ again. Also, the cost of travel never really seemed worth it when you can just be a part of all of these online TF2 events for free.

hex

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
if jump ever shows up at GDQ it will likely be in the form of momentum mod (shill alert!!). games like titanfall 2 and hl2 that have gamemodes in mmod already are played at GDQ as well as games like trackmania or shootmania storm that are essentially in the exact same format that momentum would be played in.

Diller

• View Profile
If money for travel was an issue I'm sure we could crowdfund some. I would be happy to donate a bit and I'm sure others would too @Gorge004

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
If money for travel was an issue I'm sure we could crowdfund some. I would be happy to donate a bit and I'm sure others would too @Gorge004

I will give everything I own to fly you to NA for GDQ

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
GDQ has been all online for the past 2 years for obvious reasons, now is probably the best time to sign up for it