Unpopular Opinions

dipp · 10 · 4457

dipp

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
What are your unpopular opinion(s)?

Here are a couple of mine (particularly about editing):

- Editors (namely almost everyone nowadays) who don't use r_decals 0 in edits and you see that awful black explosion burn mark on the wall everywhere on the map. It's so ugly.

- People who put the song name and album at the bottom right/left at the start of the video. It distracts me so much from the start of the run. Just put the song name at the end or description man.

- I hate the TF2rjweekly paper clip logo. It looks terrible.

porkie

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • play momentum mod instead
    • View Profile
RJ maps shouldn't end with a super awkward and much more difficult last because it makes the maps less fun overall
For example, desolate and stella are both great maps, but I barely play stella because last sucks major ass
:^)

donuttt

• Intermediate
  • hehe
    • View Profile
-quba style tele doors are a thing of the past, they look terrible, only make for jank strats if they don't cancel momentum and there is no reason for them to be in new maps

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
the connectors of a jump map are just as important as the actual jumps

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

UberTaco

• Novice
  • hello im gay
    • View Profile

Syphilis

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
top times are cool and a decent achievement a lot of the time and they deserve a funny server sound.
If it would improve upload frequency I would much rather basic low effort edits on rjweekly.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
maps with intended speedrun routes should be built after the map is finished. ppl shouldn't be penalized with badly spaced jumps made as an afterthrought for trying to play through the map slowly. at that point u might as well just delete the jumps and make the speedrun route like a linear surf map