jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Help With Health and Ammo Regen

Billip

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi, I've been working on a jump map and have a hosted server but have been confused on what everyone is using for health and ammo regen. I got the updated offline jump map plugin but that doesn't seem to be what JA2 uses cause the offline pack requires you to type !regen at the start of your jump session and JA2 works fine without doing so. Also I noticed it says to set your server to insecure but JA servers are all secure. I've used map side hurt and regen triggers and the cfg methods and nothing really seems to do what JA does. Any help would be appreciated, I spent so much time looking for this and it's driving me up a wall. Like probably 10s of hours at this point and I scoured all the stickied posts on this site and tf2maps. If JA is using something from the offline jump pack can it be singled out and not tied to all the other stuff and also not requiring !regen at startup? Also let's say I wanted to change the server to do a normal game mode do you have to remove all the plugins then re-add them manually? I don't recall needing to add anything specific to my server config to enable the plugins.

Kingstripes

• View Profile
Jump Academy servers use the jse_core plugin to give (reserve) ammo regeneration every 0.1s, part of the jump server essentials collection of plugins. The offline jump pack uses jumpassist (!regen) rather than jse_core for ammo regen.

The reason the offline jump pack requires -insecure is because this is a requirement for listen servers to run unsigned plugins (i.e. MM:S and SM). On a dedicated server, you don't need to worry about this.

Billip

• View Profile