jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

[Q] Demo pogoing and holding crouch

BQE · 4 · 1710

BQE

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Pretty new to demo jumping, just learned to do a basic slow pogo about two weeks ago.  If I'm attempting to pogo faster, I'm never really comfortable with when I should or should not be holding crouch.  For instance, if I'm trying to use 3 or 4 stickies only on #7 of jump_amazon (instead of doing a boring slow pogo). 

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
unless you're doing vert pogo or air pog I dont see why you wouldnt hold crouch the whole time

Torii

• Intermediate
  • Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
    • View Profile
Like pretty much every demo technique, it's all feeling, eventually you'll get how much a sticky pushes you, when you should fire/det, etc.

unless you're doing vert pogo or air pog I dont see why you wouldnt hold crouch the whole time
You can do an uncrouched speedpogo, it's not very reliable but for tight corridors with low ceilings it's useful. Also in small mazes like in devils_redo or koi it helps in speed.

• Novice
  • youtube.com/allebwai
    • View Profile
    • lol4
do what you're most comfortable with and stick with it, when you have enough experience you will know whats best for your heart. <3
Make sure you subscribe to youtube.com/allebwai and follow twitch.tv/alletf for high quality content on a daily basis.