jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

My youtube has been taken down

Afterglow -tt | jump.tf

• Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzypanda36

Any advice? Obviously going to appeal it, but I can't deny that I've used copyrighted music. But so does like a shit ton of other channels (basically every editor). And stop reporting my vids you fuckheads, if I lose this channel I'm probably just going to quit or at least severely cut down on my play time. Way too many hours went into it. Did not back up any of the vids except for endless fantasy.

ST

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • kk thx honi~
    • View Profile

Any advice? Obviously going to appeal it, but I can't deny that I've used copyrighted music. But so does like a shit ton of other channels (basically every editor). And stop reporting my vids you fuckheads, if I lose this channel I'm probably just going to quit or at least severely cut down on my play time. Way too many hours went into it. Did not back up any of the vids except for endless fantasy.

then why don't you just use free instrumentals you fuk hed

Grandpa

• Intermediate
  • youtube.com/allebwai | youtube.com/QuantumVTX
    • View Profile
its the same kids who keep ddosing you

it was prolly geofaggot and brock the stupid cunt who did it. considering they both have the mentality of a 12 year old.

ST

• Intermediate
  • kk thx honi~
    • View Profile

it was prolly geofaggot and brock the stupid cunt who did it. considering they both have the mentality of a 12 year old.

you fkn dare say that again

• Novice
  • youtube.com/allebwai
    • View Profile
    • lol4

you fkn dare say that again

dont fuck with grandpa u little fucker
Make sure you subscribe to youtube.com/allebwai and follow twitch.tv/alletf for high quality content on a daily basis.

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile

I've really only got 2 things to say.

1. RIP

2. I think there's some law somewhere that states you can use copyright material under the condition that you were making no money off of it (probably not, I'm not a lawyer). But you're dealing with youtube, the website with one of the most broken flagging and reporting system of any website. From what I've heard of people who have just one video taken down, it's a bitch and a quarter to get that back even if you have good connections to the inner workings of youtube i.e. something other than a robot. See this video for an example. But yeah obviously you can fight it using youtube's systems but chances are you'll lose, unless you're a part of a bigger network.
Also on one of my videos I got sent a notice saying that the video had copyrighted music in it (which was stated in the description) and all I had to do was acknowledge that it was copyrighted (regardless of the description) and then the notice just went away. So, you may have had a few of those laying around, but I'm pretty sure you're not that stupid. Or there may be some hidden limit to the number of these notices that you can get.

But yeah, like I said RIP.

scofield

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I've used third party content in my videos before, but when the claim popped up, I acknowledged the claim.  Should I remove these videos or something?  Or am I fine because I acknowledged their copyright?

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I've used third party content in my videos before, but when the claim popped up, I acknowledged the claim.  Should I remove these videos or something?  Or am I fine because I acknowledged their copyright?
Like I said in my post I'm in the same boat, and have no fucking clue because youtube doesn't explain any of this shit to anyone. I would assume that means you're ok that you acknowledged them, but I'm not sure.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Several vids from tf2rjweekly have been silenced as well.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
2. I think there's some law somewhere that states you can use copyright material under the condition that you were making no money off of it

and that's where afterglow goes wrong #monetization

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
and that's where afterglow goes wrong #monetization

Yeah glow if you made even a cent off of one of your videos with copyrighted stuff then this ban won't be removed.

Also based on http://teamfortress.tv/thread/17469/youtube-removing-tf2-accounts I'm not so sure it's just a copyright issue. It could potentially be some one lying about being valve and getting them taken down because of just tf2. I quite highly doubt that though because of basically everyone else that has yet to be banned.

Another thing I should mention. This -> youtube[dot]com/t/community_guidelines#tips is fucking useless, and the word 'game' isn't anywhere on this page.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:06:19 AM by RNC1839 »

ST

• Intermediate
  • kk thx honi~
    • View Profile
I can almost confirm all of this is about monetization
Tf.tv thread

I have used many copyrighted songs, only one unlisted video has been silenced so far (lol?) and I don't use monetization, coincidence? or conspiracy? 8^) tbh glow is just way too greedy

Quote from Tf.tv
I make decent quality videos, and mine is not banned, all my videos are even tagged with "tf2" and "Team fortress 2" so I highly doubt all of this is about tf2
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:08:15 AM by ST »