jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Two ways to wallshot?

Pluto · 3 · 1122

Pluto

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I've been thinking about how to make my wallshots better, and I'm beginning to believe that there's two ways to do it.  I'm probably delusional though.

1:17 Here's Helix wallshotting.  You can see he strafes away from the wall asap like he's bouncing off the wall.  Best example is the beginning of this jump.

1"28 Here's Burger wallshotting.  He stays parallel to the wall when he shoots. You can see it better on the next jump.  Ignore the inital jump, I think that's w+d.

The difference is in when they press a and d.  If you hold the strafe key away from the wall at the same time you shoot, you get the conventional way.  If you hold the key away from the wall and hit the opposite strafe key later after you shoot, you jump like Burger.  It feels like you hold "a" a lot longer on a right wall if you do it correctly. don't strafe away until after you shoot

If there is a difference between the two (assuming there is one), then I'd say that Burger's way is faster on straight walls because you don't weave back and forth and cover more distance.  I'm unsure whether or not the speed you get from strafing makes up for it. The conventional way would be faster when you have to strafe around something or if you're going very fast and have to shoot ahead. Using w+d may be viable at high speeds.  However, I don't think that it will make more than a few milliseconds difference with walls where don't need to shoot ahead. It might be worth trying though.  It looks and feels less sloppy in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:19:51 AM by Pluto »

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
When you jump like Burger you look like you just started jumping and don't know how to flick your mouse.  It's not about how fast you go when you wallshot, it's about how cool you look when you wallshot  8)

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
prolly just delusional dude
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌