jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Passing on TF2RJweekly

Afterglow

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I don't feel like running the channel anymore. Let me know if you want to run it. And by run it I mean watch the submissions, pick JOTWS/ROTWS, and edit them. And if you can't edit you can use the editors group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2RJweeklyEditors. Ideally the person who runs it should be decent at soldier and demo equally.
The music is pumping, the dance floor is jumping.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
I am willing to take over with the help of others in editing, I have nothing else to do with my time so this would be good. give me
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:46:14 PM by Exile2 »

sitood

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Im willing to edit some jotw/rotw sometimes.
But i can't take over the channel cus my pc is too crappy to edit 2 vids every week.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:41:38 PM by sitood »

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

Grandpa

• Intermediate
  • youtube.com/allebwai | youtube.com/QuantumVTX
    • View Profile

Zigzati

• View Profile
I'm also willing to edit, since I have nothing else to do with my time.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
One potential source of inspiration may be the KSF surf channel. There are usually daily uploads, and not what people would really call 'edits'. I'm not suggesting TF2RJWeekly tries daily videos, but instead maybe looks at simplifying the ROTW videos, to perhaps leave inspiration for JOTW or other, more once-off video types. This could be more sustainable in the long-run, for whoever is picking up the channel. This also may be subject to Afterglow's thoughts, as it would certainly be a drop in quality compared to what is currently being put out.

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile
What's with the guy who made the JumpTA.JP videos? His edits looked quite nice, someone persuade him  :P

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
What's with the guy who made the JumpTA.JP videos? His edits looked quite nice, someone persuade him  :P

Those videos were amazing we need that guy now

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
One potential source of inspiration may be the KSF surf channel. There are usually daily uploads, and not what people would really call 'edits'. I'm not suggesting TF2RJWeekly tries daily videos, but instead maybe looks at simplifying the ROTW videos, to perhaps leave inspiration for JOTW or other, more once-off video types. This could be more sustainable in the long-run, for whoever is picking up the channel. This also may be subject to Afterglow's thoughts, as it would certainly be a drop in quality compared to what is currently being put out.

I like the idea of one off videos. You could have playthroughs for new maps to promote them to a larger audience than just the tiny amount of people who look at these forums. It's miles better than having a teaser that shows literally nothing.

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I say split the channel between multiple people, just like how it was originally run.  With enough editors involved, it should eliminate the feeling of having the editing be "work" and make it more fun.  Plus, I feel like the quality of the content would increase because if there are 8 people and each person makes 1 video per month, they would likely put in more time and effort and that one video would be better.  I'd be willing to help out and edit JOTW once a month, maybe more often if I'm feeling like it.  I'd also be willing to do some sorting of submissions and stuff like that.

Also, I like the idea of showcases and stuff.  I've always felt like new map showcases and announcement type things should have been a bigger part of the channel instead of just JOTW/ROTW.

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
If I can ever get some editting suite to work on my computer again I'll throw my hat into the editting/management ring.

I like the idea of showcases but it would be a bit of a waste to make a showcase for an _a1 or _b1 map tho. Well polished maps only would be best, just because a fair few brand new maps that come out can be crap and it would be better to show a not crap version.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
For basic edits I could do one every month or two months or more if needed.