jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Help With Ae

tyjle · 8 · 1459

tyjle

• Advanced
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
So im trying to get into editing, and my program of choice is Adobe after effects. I would use sony vegas pro but i don't have that type of money. Anyway, I recorded a demo file but Ae doesnt seem to accept them. Any help?

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
You have to render the video first before you can put it into AE. To render the demo, use this. You will get a huge folder (I mean 10 gb for 1 minutes worth or more) of tga images and a wav sound file. AE might accept this, I'm not sure. If not, use this to compile the tgas into an avi or something and then pop that into AE. Also, if you don't have a 1080p monitor, use this to render in 1080p - make sure you check it in lawena before you use it.

Hope that helped!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:08:26 AM by talkingmelon »

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
lawena is dumb

Bandicam master race  8) 8) 8)

1080p 60fps is a requirement. not a option. especially now that everyone has access to it on youtube.

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Anyway, I recorded a demo file but Ae doesnt seem to accept them. Any help?

A tf2 demo is just a recording of the actions that happen in the game. You can think of it as a script for a movie that the game can understand and replay with the game engine at will. That's why demo files are so small, it's no actual video.
You have to actually replay the demo in-game and record that gameplay with a video recording tool. Tools like lawena do exactly that just in an automated way that is optimized to record with the best in-game quality settings or different in-game resolutions.

tl;dr A demo is not a video file and that's why it can't be video edited

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
lawena is dumb

Bandicam master race  8) 8) 8)

1080p 60fps is a requirement. not a option. especially now that everyone has access to it on youtube.

so we're all forced to have even larger filesizes to create bad videos of jumping? great.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
First rule of the internet: you're a pirate, so you don't pay for things.

Lawena>virtual dub>sony vegas>h.264 encoder>youtube

Just torrent sony vegas or something, it's a much easier program than AE.

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile