Welcome B)

Casual controversy

Grandpa · 123 · 27267

tyjle

• Advanced
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile

3. TAS speedrunning

Maps could be created with TAS in mind, leaving room open for ridiculous strats that would otherwise be near-impossible.  And since everyone would have the tool, everyone would be on even ground and it would come down to creativity, not consistency and execution.  What always amazed me the most with Casual's runs was the creativity of the strats, not the execution of the strats.  People would never have tried some of the things he did in his runs because they were too risky to do during a good run.  However, since everyone could use the tool in a TAS run, new possibilities would be open and people would be limited only by their creativity and the game itself, not necessarily how consistently then can grind out a jump.

There are even more possibilities than the ones listed here, such as co-op TAS running in segments and other things that would have previously been impossible, but I'll save those for later.  For now, I'd just like to thank Casual for revolutionizing jumping.

Good points Obsidiian, especially 2. and 3. Also, I have to admit, I really believed in these runs, but as others have said: Thanks for being honest in the end Casual.
Firstly. The whole point of speedrunning a map is to see how fast you can complete it. How consistent you are to complete the map. Not how lucky you are. If you throw consistency out of the equation, all the hard work to gain speedshot consistency, sync consistency is all thrown away. And also, TAS running will also mean how lucky you are, nothing else. Creativity will hit a ceiling before you know it and it just comes down to luck after that. Also, i didn't see any creative strats in casuals runs just hard as fuck strats. Creativity is the reason why JOTW exists is it not? I don't think it will revolutionize jumping. If TAS its not contained properly, the exact opposite would happen.

There is no way. Absolutely, no way this can be contained if it gets out. Cheaters will cheat, get forced back. See what went wrong, improve the system, and repeat. Eventually, we may will never be able to tell. Casual was open about it, and I'm so glad he was. But there will be plenty of people like Raiin who won't be. And when people get caught, they can just make a different account, get the free game, get the free downloadable software, and do it fucking over again. This is a serious dilemma, because making a TAS map sounds like a shitload of fun.

uNKnown

• Novice
  • Damn son..
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Is it really just me who's fucking disappointed? liars.. lost faith

I'm with combustion on this one..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:40:12 AM by uNKnown »

guyyst

• View Profile
...Casual was open about it, and I'm so glad he was.

alright, I initially wasn't gonna post here, but nobody was open about fucking anything.
He got busted and managed to make himself look better afterwards.

If people hadn't found out about the STV or some other kind of definite proof, this would've kept going until #ROTW 200.
In the end every cheater is after e-fame, let it be raiin who wasn't careful enough, or casual who put more effort into it.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

alright, I initially wasn't gonna post here, but nobody was open about fucking anything.

If people hadn't found out about the STV or some other kind of definite proof, this would've kept going until #ROTW 200.
In the end every cheater is after e-fame, let it be raiin who wasn't careful enough, or casual who put more effort into it.

He told everyone he cheated, unlike Raiin, and he also is thinking about releasing a program that might just improve jumping. I'm on Casual's side with this.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Also, I think Casual deserves the e-fame. He made some pretty cool shit and managed to make a TAS run that looked real. Cool dude.

Grandpa

• Intermediate
  • youtube.com/allebwai | youtube.com/QuantumVTX
    • View Profile

TELL THEM GUYYST! I called TAS on the void run, no one believed me. EXC0 called it too, so im not alone here.

So who's gonna tell me why you kids so vehemently defended him?

Still waiting..

uNKnown

• Novice
  • Damn son..
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

He told everyone he cheated, unlike Raiin, and he also is thinking about releasing a program that might just improve jumping. I'm on Casual's side with this.

doesnt change the fact

..If people hadn't found out about the STV or some other kind of definite proof, this would've kept going until #ROTW 200..

He sure confessed, yet took while to do so..
shame on cody as well..

Bonafide

• Anything can only be as relevant as you make it
    • View Profile
You're all forgetting that Alle is like with a chance of 99% involved in this and knew from the beginning.

Also trying to make yourself seem like the victim of others pushing you into keeping it a secret while you wanted to show it to everyone is hardly believable when you are promoting your own run on etf2l.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Yeah... I don't see why Cody didn't tell us if he knew...

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Im just going to say I have mixed feelings on this, because you can't really trust anyone by what they say, especially on the Internet. I really want to take Casual's side, but idk...

Also if Alle knew...

Why are there so many people hiding this?!?

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Can someone just explain to me what "TAS" means ? I understood that it is a kind of cheating but how does this works ?

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
TAS stands for  Tool Assisted Speedrun.
It is for every game different how it works, because every game has its own tool

QuBA

• View Profile
So at first people who shouldve known better didnt believe he cheated even though it was painfully obvious and now that he got cought some people are thanking him for admitting to cheating and releasing his tools.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU