punishment for cheats?

No punishment
Ban from Begginings 2
Other (post)

tyjle

• Advanced
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
If you choose other please say what you think.

Grandpa

• Intermediate
  • youtube.com/allebwai | youtube.com/QuantumVTX
    • View Profile
Cody and Alle didn't cheat, can we not spread rumors, thanks.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
But they both seemed to have known.

Also oatmeal suggested this thread be made. Thanks.

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Cody and Alle didn't cheat, can we not spread rumors, thanks.
I don't think anybody was trying to suggest that Alle and Cody cheated themselves.

Grandpa

• Intermediate
  • youtube.com/allebwai | youtube.com/QuantumVTX
    • View Profile
The thread poll "punishment for cheats" made it seem that way. They both seemed to know, potentially not cody, but alle most likely did.

@Oatmeal, you sure? Maybe not in these fourms, but most definitely on some jumping channels.

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
We need to wait for someone who knows more to speak up. In the meantime, lets not make this situation worse with threads like this.

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Why should you decide weather or not they can participate? because you were offended they didnt tell you about casual "cheating"

in reality no one really believed that the runs were real, casual didn't get any prizes or anything like that it was a publicity stunt to advertise the plugin more than anything

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
We need to wait for someone who knows more to speak up. In the meantime, lets not make this situation worse with threads like this.

Are you suggesting that there is someone besides these three that know what's going on?

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile

We know about Cody's involvement. I don't know where "Alle knew from the beginning" comes from, it would be great if those people who said that could tell us how they know about this.

@Oatmeal, you sure? Maybe not in these fourms, but most definitely on some jumping channels.

I don't know about what people might write on the youtube (seriously?). And to make this clear, I just said we should make a new thread to discuss possible punishment for passing off TAS runs as legit runs and not put all people involved in one boat and make a poll about it.

Sere

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Why should you decide weather or not they can participate? because you were offended they didnt tell you about casual "cheating"

in reality no one really believed that the runs were real, casual didn't get any prizes or anything like that it was a publicity stunt to advertise the plugin more than anything
90% of the comments on youtube were either "If ur saying these runs are fake, its just cuz you cant do it yourself" or "OMG Casual best jumper evar!!!!!11111", so no, not everybody knew they were fake.
Also, he did enter a competition that was supposed to have prizes(apeture) with a TAS run he tried to pass off as legit. If he hadn't done that, I'd probably be more forgiving.

All that being said, its still not clear how much Cody/Alle knew, so it'd be pretty unfair to ban them
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:00:40 PM by Sere »
"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication." - Leonardo Da Vinci

cody

• View Profile
I voted for ban
will be banned from begginings 2 but not beginnings 2

still uploads runs to own channel :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:03:08 PM by cody »

Someone

• View Profile
Are you suggesting that there is someone besides these three that know what's going on?
There are other people that know what is going on, but they don't want to be source of information for the sake of anonymity

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

We know about Cody's involvement. I don't know where "Alle knew from the beginning" comes from, it would be great if those people who said that could tell us how they know about this.

I asked alle.
Not gonna post entire conversations or pastebins, that only line summed it pretty much up.

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile

90% of the comments on youtube were either "If ur saying these runs are fake, its just cuz you cant do it yourself" or "OMG Casual best jumper evar!!!!!11111", so no, not everybody knew they were fake.
Also, he did enter a competition that was supposed to have prizes(apeture) with a TAS run he tried to pass off as legit. If he hadn't done that, I'd probably be more forgiving.

All that being said, its still not clear how much Cody/Alle knew, so it'd be pretty unfair to ban them

let me rephrase

anyone who knew anything about jumping knew that it was fake

some people still believe raiin on youtube...

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Casual cheated. Nice and simple. Ban.

Cody lied about the rotw and knew about another run casual was working on (air_beta2). And has volunteered for a ban. Cody never cheated himself as far as I know.

Alle showed the void run on stream and because of that he knew from the start. Then he editted the ultra run and tried to pass it as legit. Alle should also be banned for corroboration. Alle also has never cheated to my knowledge.

Now this only leaves 1 run with little info on anyone that knew, aperture. Afterglow did the edit but there is no proof that he had any involvement in hacks or covering them up. So he's in the clear unless something comes up in the future.

That's my opinion. I would be surprised if there weren't more people that knew about this prior to casuals confession. And there is a difference between not bringing it up and try to hide it/lie. Liers deserve the bans the others need to learn to speak up sooner.