Poll

punishment for cheats?

No punishment
Ban from Begginings 2
Other (post)

cody

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
You say these things like you're in charge of the whole beginnings, or at least the lap dog/suck up of the people that run it. I suggest go back to managing your dystopian server. If you're going to attack me then I will attack back ya bozo. I knew for about an hour though and you don't know what I meant at all when I said I had known all along, and as for the lie part... you know there is such a thing as unintentional and intentional. So yes I jokingly volunteer for a ban because I know deep down in my heart that it won't happen. adding an extra heart to fuel your fiery anger <3.

p.s. you've been talking about me and not talking to me as if I am going to be executed for knowing something an hour and a half before you and in the chat log you've got I wasn't clear enough because you seem to have misconstrued it.
p.s.s. one more 4 x-tra D R A M A <3

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
We can't tell who knew and who didn't, and for how long as well...I can vouch for cody not knowing until about an hour before the rest of us found out, though. I was in the STV server watching for my first time, and to my understanding it was cody's first time as well. There's really no way to tell how long they knew, so we can't just ban them because of a hunch we have..

On the other hand, clearly Casual knew, but I don't really care what happens to him. Either way if we ban him or not, he's the one with the TAS system, and if he desires to release it, we won't be able to stop him. Did you guys ever see 'Catch Me If You Can' with Leonardo Dicaprio? In the end (spoiler alert) he was so good at forging checks n stuff, that the police force dropped all of his charges and recruited him as the team leader in the forged checks department (true story too). I think the best thing to do is join forces and have him help us make it "obvious" when someone is using TAS..

buuuuuutttt......My only concern is if someone equally as smart as Casual gets ahold of it, and improves it to make it not possible to tell when it's a TAS.

As for Alle, who says he knew this whole time? Glow did a run for Casual too, and I don't think he knew until now (if you did shame on you). RNC contradicted himself about saying Alle should be banned for knowing this whole time since he did a ROTW for Casual, but Glow did one too, and RNC didn't say shit about Glow..????
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:11:26 PM by Vexon »
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Bonafide

• Anything can only be as relevant as you make it
    • View Profile
Alle is a friend of casual, a teammember too in competitive, also alle was pretty much the PR of casual. He was the first guy that knew about him.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
As for Alle, who says he knew this whole time?
Read my comment on the previous page...

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
GET READY FOR A WALL OF TEXT

You say these things like you're in charge of the whole beginnings, or at least the lap dog/suck up of the people that run it.

That's my opinion.
If I were saying anything like I was in charge I would say "Cody is banned" I have yet to say that anywhere. I'm just presenting my opinion. If you want to present your opinion on me being banned go for whatever I won't be mad because that's your own opinion. And I don't suck up to anyone. Not only do I have no need to but if I were I would say "Obsidiian, ban cody, because ur dabes." I'm not at that level of desperation to see my opinions through. If no one gets banned I won't be mad. It's not like I'm even going to come close to first on any map. I know my limits.

I suggest go back to managing your dystopian server. If you're going to attack me then I will attack back ya bozo.
I cri  :'(. Also I was accusing you of corroboration which is not attacking (granted it's a pretty thin line). Attacking would be me saying "Cody's a dirt bag" or that kinda thing, which again I haven't said. And you even started the attack in http://pastebin.com/GPpejXtm

cody alle's cheerleader: rnc cant do shit
cody alle's cheerleader: rnc thinks hes a big shot

I know I have little power here. I'm OK with that. I love having little power in a community like this. That's why it's fun. If everything went the way I wanted I would get bored and everyone would leave. I have very little say in anything that happens in beginnings. I can't even say if my map is being used for certain (although I could pull it out). The only things I have control over are my own maps, videos, and server. And that's all I want.

I knew for about an hour though and you don't know what I meant at all when I said I had known all along,

If you only found out after the video had been edited and gone up and all the other shit that's happened (and you could prove it). I would believe you, and drop all my charges against you in a heartbeat. BUT when you say stuff like

cody alle's cheerleader: i lied to everyone on that rotw

It makes it a bit hard for me to believe anything you say. In the other thread you even defended Casual in a very angry way. Had you just came out and admitted to knowing about it, everything would have just blown over. But by saying that you lied to everyone it implies you knew prior to the video being edited, and therefore corroborating. But again, this could not be the case, which would be much better. And your right I don't know what you men when you say "I had known all along." It could mean 2 things you either knew it was a hack and were OK with supporting it and keeping it hidden OR you could have known like how guyyst, Exco, and others have, which is wanting to get the truth out into the open.

and as for the lie part... you know there is such a thing as unintentional and intentional.

I'm fully aware of that. And by your logic Afterglow unintentionally lied about casual's aperture run. Which is fine, because that puts all responsibility on Casual, not the editor. BUT again when you say that you lied to thousands of people, I'm not going to believe it was unintentional unless you had followed it up with something like "I feel like shit and will tell everyone I had no idea."

So yes I jokingly volunteer for a ban because I know deep down in my heart that it won't happen.

cody alle's cheerleader: rnc
cody alle's cheerleader: cannot have a say
cody alle's cheerleader: in whether im banned
cody alle's cheerleader: from beginnings
cody alle's cheerleader: or not
cody alle's cheerleader: and i wouldnt care much either way

So why bring it up? I understand if your defending your morals or something else but if you don't care, why care? I understand that just because you don't care if your banned doesn't mean you want to be banned. And if that's the case all you have to say is that you aren't going to run because you don't care, which is your opinion so feel free to have it. Also I'm pretty sure the jury's still out on whether or not anyone is being banned.

adding an extra heart to fuel your fiery anger <3.

Anger is the wrong word, ever since my source gave me that chatlog I've been laughing my ass off. Loose lips sink ships.

p.s. you've been talking about me and not talking to me as if I am going to be executed for knowing something an hour and a half before you and in the chat log you've got I wasn't clear enough because you seem to have misconstrued it.

That is true and it probably wasn't the most mature way of handling the situation. So I will apologize for treating you like that. And again if you can prove that you had no idea how casual was getting these runs prior to you editing the video I will drop all my accusations against you.

I may be wrong. I may be right. I'm perfectly willing to accept either of those as the case. I'm probably making myself look like an ass and your probably doing the same. If there's egg on my face or a foot in my mouth by the end of this I won't be hurt. I just want the air cleared so the community can move on.

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
As, of right now, this is the situation

Casual - Banned from Beginnings 2 to eliminate the possibility of him cheating.  This will not change.

Cody - Not banned from Beginnings 2 because he neither has the program to cheat nor has he encouraged use of it to fake legitimate runs.  When he edited Casual's skylight run he was unaware that it was a TAS and only found out later.  This will probably not change.

Alle - Not banned from Beginnings 2.  There is no reason to ban him as he has never cheated and can back it up with tons of evidence.  He's done tons of online runs, which are near impossible to cheat, leaving no good reason to suspect that his offline runs would be cheated either.  This will probably not change.

If you disagree, please give me a reason that is not based on rumors and opinions that have nothing to do with the real issue at hand; whether or not someone is likely to cheat a run.  As of now, there is no good reason to suspect cody or alle of cheating any runs or planning to do so in the future, and that is why they currently will be able to run in Beginnings 2.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
That seems fair. Even if Cody seems a bit, eh, untrustworthy.

scofield

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
That seems fair. Even if Cody seems a bit, eh, untrustworthy.
lol, what do you mean?

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Wasn't there a chat log, in which Cody says that he "lied to everyone"?

jondy

• Novice
    • View Profile
I still don't get why you guys are ganging up on cody. People who don't know the facts really shouldn't be talking at all, it only makes things a lot worse.

Also, please stop posting fragments of conversations E.g. "i lied to 1234 people -cody" (paraphrased)
It will most likely be taken out of context by the majority of people. im talking to you rnc and tyjle  :o

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
If his discussion was made up of people who knew the facts there wouldn't really be one, because the people that actually know aren't talking much. Also, we don't even know if we can trust Casual.

I am sorry though if I was just being annoying without realizing it. :(

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
As, of right now, this is the situation

Casual - Banned from Beginnings 2 to eliminate the possibility of him cheating.  This will not change.

Cody - Not banned from Beginnings 2 because he neither has the program to cheat nor has he encouraged use of it to fake legitimate runs.  When he edited Casual's skylight run he was unaware that it was a TAS and only found out later.  This will probably not change.

Alle - Not banned from Beginnings 2.  There is no reason to ban him as he has never cheated and can back it up with tons of evidence.  He's done tons of online runs, which are near impossible to cheat, leaving no good reason to suspect that his offline runs would be cheated either.  This will probably not change.

If you disagree, please give me a reason that is not based on rumors and opinions that have nothing to do with the real issue at hand; whether or not someone is likely to cheat a run.  As of now, there is no good reason to suspect cody or alle of cheating any runs or planning to do so in the future, and that is why they currently will be able to run in Beginnings 2.

theres no point in banning anyone tf2 is a free game and anyone can just make a new account and sign up with that you're wasting  your time

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Also i spoke to casual and he seems like a nice guy im sure he was just trying to show off his plugin that he worked really hard on
if i was in cody or alles shoes id probably have done the same thing

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Also i spoke to casual and he seems like a nice guy im sure he was just trying to show off his plugin that he worked really hard on
if i was in cody or alles shoes id probably have done the same thing

That doesn't mean casual should be un-banned from the contest, he still did try to pass TAS runs as legit.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:08:27 AM by tyjle »

Casual

• View Profile
I'd prefer the term 'disqualified' and if you're going to disqualify you should make a clear rule about what exactly is and isn't allowed. According to speeddemosarchive any usage of scripts, whether built in the game or not, disqualifies your run for both segmented and single segment speedruns (which I presume would land you in the TAS category). This would ban any rocketjump/c-tap scripts. Will this be disallowed? Even if so you should apply the rules consistently and you'll want to disqualify Raiin and the bounce bhop guy.

For the record, I think it's the right thing to disqualify me from Beginnings (and possibly any future non-TAS competitions). I'd just appreciated not being banned from the forums or jump servers until I actually violate any of their specific rules.