Welcome B)

Beginnings 2

obsidiian · 169 · 28234

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
For co-op no crit rockets and stickies plz.

why limit creative jumping? the falloff damage mechanic is a balance for the normal game that makes co op jumping a pain in the ass.  If you are forcing yourself to be in the vicinity of your partner just to have somewhat effective rockets, it's very constrictive and boring imo.

Ace you are a joke

• View Profile
Co-op maps are at our choice? Or we must use the same maps of speedruns?

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Im not good enough to stand a chance in this competition, but why can't you use sites like dropbox? It doesn't have a ton of ads like mediafire

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
If you didn't install adblock, there is something wrong with you.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
If you didn't install adblock, there is something wrong with you.
Is therenanversion for IOS?

Because hats what I post on most of the time when I'm at school.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

Casual

• View Profile
Hi! As the very best soldier jumper I'll gladly take these prizes ;)

You might want to add explicit rules regarding scripts (built in the game, sv_allow_wait_command 0?) vs any other external assistance (mouse macros / tas).

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

You might want to add explicit rules regarding scripts (built in the game, sv_allow_wait_command 0?) vs any other external assistance (mouse macros / tas).

I think that those rules are kind of a given, and any runs using them would be banned anyway, even if there aren't rules explicitly stated about them.

Casual

• View Profile
I think that those rules are kind of a given, and any runs using them would be banned anyway, even if there aren't rules explicitly stated about them.
I disagree about scripting, who doesn't have bind mouse2 to either jump+attack, or plain jump+attack+duck in their soldier.cfg.

According to SpeedDemosArchive:
PC gamers may use any reasonable input device and remap keys, but may not use macros, scripts or programmable keyboards to automate button-presses.
This would disqualify pretty much anything where one button does 2 or more actions.

I believe rocketjump scripts are fairly accepted, and even more advanced c-tap scripts/macros are used. It seems very important to clarify this.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:23:34 PM by Casual »

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
I disagree about scripting, who doesn't have bind mouse2 to either jump+attack, or plain jump+attack+duck in their soldier.cfg.

According to SpeedDemosArchive:
PC gamers may use any reasonable input device and remap keys, but may not use macros, scripts or programmable keyboards to automate button-presses.
This would disqualify pretty much anything where one button does 2 or more actions.

I believe rocketjump scripts are fairly accepted, and even more advanced c-tap scripts/macros are used. It seems very important to clarify this.

I was more talking of scripts that could produce a speed run like yours.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile

If you don't cheat your runs in any way, I'm sure everyone will enjoy watching you jumping  ::)

Anyway, Beginnings 2 is really well organized this year, I'm so excited to see the trickjumps !

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

If you don't cheat your runs in any way, I'm sure everyone will enjoy watching you jumping  ::)

Anyway, Beginnings 2 is really well organized this year, I'm so excited to see the trickjumps !

Casual is disqualified from the tournament :(

Quote from obsiidian: "Casual - Banned from Beginnings 2 to eliminate the possibility of him cheating. This will not change."

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile
If you think some of your scripts are borderline cheating, then don't use them in this competition. It's really that simple. When in doubt, ask Obsidian.

It is bad enough that we have to say these things that should be common sense. You can't tell me that you thought passing off TAS runs as legit runs was an okay thing to do, just follow some basic rules of honesty and nobody needs to be disqualified ever. ::)

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile