Welcome B)

Beginnings 2

obsidiian · 169 · 28243

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
New deadline is the 28th for speedruns.  We're still working on the videos for the trickjumps, but I promise they will be done sometime soon.  A lot of us have been busy with stuff for the holidays, so it's been pretty hard to get stuff done.

For new demo speedruns, you ARE allowed to reset the sticky launcher to its old stats.

Superchuck

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
New deadline is the 28th for speedruns.  We're still working on the videos for the trickjumps, but I promise they will be done sometime soon.  A lot of us have been busy with stuff for the holidays, so it's been pretty hard to get stuff done.

For new demo speedruns, you ARE allowed to reset the sticky launcher to its old stats.

And uh, how do you do that?
The Rat Master

ehhx

Set up a virtual server with SM to edit the values. Not as hard as it sounds :)

lolparty

• View Profile
Will there be a results spreadsheet like last year or will we have to wait until the videos are released ?

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Brock wants to make a spreadsheet with all the times.  I'm not going to do it so Brock is your only hope...

Solo Trickjump Winners

Demo:
1st - Lambda
2nd - Gebobus
3rd - LessThanThree

Soldier:
1st - Krocket
2nd - Gebobus
3rd - LessThanThree

Video should be done soon

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
next years trickjump winner will feature 2000 edgebugs, 19000000 degree rotation sync, 400 bounces, a super-early last map prefire catch.. blind.  oh and a quintuple backwards speedshot

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノraise your tasヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
next years trickjump winner will feature 2000 edgebugs, 19000000 degree rotation sync, 400 bounces, a super-early last map prefire catch.. blind.  oh and a quintuple backwards speedshot

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノraise your tasヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

rip skill
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
I don't think tool assisted trickjumps are possible, I hope not :-\

Anyway, greetings to the winners 8)

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I don't think tool assisted trickjumps are possible, I hope not :-\

With good editing/casual's plugin they are.

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
casual's runs were essentially filled with trick jumps.  Way too inconsistent to be considered viable strategies.

Wombat

• View Profile
So Nico is Casual? Have you actually checked if this guy is a real person?

Krocket

• Easily Surpassed
    • View Profile

Sheesh, what has that guy done to this community? Unless there's any legitimate proof I'd like to think he put a lot of hard work and dedication into getting some good times.

Wombat

• View Profile

Sheesh, what has that guy done to this community? Unless there's any legitimate proof I'd like to think he put a lot of hard work and dedication into getting some good times.

So how many hours does this guy have, does anybody know him? Nobody has even linked his /id/ yet.

HeliX

• View Profile

true, I'd like to believe it's not someone everyone already knows about, that'd be pretty silly, but someone who actually practiced and put in the time. cool to see new people like this raise the bar and stir up the competition - in a competition where the results was preeetty much predetermined from the get-go... hope to see more from him (not to mention you as well, Krocket) :]

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
If anyone wants me to I'll do another tick by tick analysis of these runs as well to see if it's remotely human. Just send me the demos. If I do this I will also need koala and guyyst's demos for comparison. Also if this was a TAS using casual's plugin, I really hate that the two current solly runs were made using the stv, although that may be irrelevant if casual fixed that one hitmarker bug he said he had.

There are 2 blatantly obvious parts in the jump_above run that make me think it's possibly legit. He ran into that one corner for a little while, and the quint was higher than the minimum requirement. 2 things that wouldn't be in there with a perfect TAS.

And this time I won't go flying around with my dick in the air about hackusations.