jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_stripe

pardinensis

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey there!

This is the first map I managed to make without getting some strange errors in Hammer. It's an easy-ish soldier map consisting of 16 jumps and tons of glowing textures. Hope you like it!

Current version: jump_stripe_b5
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/66fjxsh873evrbh/jump_stripe_b5.bsp

Change log:
jump_stripe_b5
#13: extended the func_nogrenades at the right wall to make jumping off the ramp without a speedshot more difficult

jump_stripe_b4
added playerclip to the stairs at the spawn room

jump_stripe_b3
added Drexen's timer
added teleport from the capture point back to the start
#8: lowered the surfing platform
#14: added a hint (walk off + pogo)
#16: added a func_nogrenades at the starting platform, readded the "16" overlay

jump_stripe_b2
changed the color of the speedshot/bounce platforms from magenta to purple
#7: added a func_nogrenades above the starting platform
#8: added a hint (walk off + surf)
#10: added a hint (walk off + crouch)
#13: added a func_nogrenades at the right wall
#14: added a func_nogrenades at the ramp, added an overheal box at the sync part
#15: modified the end of the jump
#16: completely reworked that one

Spoiler: Images (version b1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Images (version b2) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:59:05 AM by pardinensis »

buhnanuh

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
it looks super cool, can't wait to test  :D

Dystopia

• View Profile
Nice map, had alotta fun trying it out. Jump 16 is cheatable with wallshots on the first part where the wall is shootable, gives you enough momentum to make it into the hole

sitood

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
love it, dibs on the map showcase when its in final version.  8)

Dr. Keks

• View Profile
Nice Map, had lots of fun.
At jump 10 maybe put a hint for the intended walk off - crouch bounce. (I first did it with a jump - crouch bounce to the red platform)

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
looks very cool and neat, jumps are fun too but the 15 and the 16 feels a bit too easy compared to the previous !

n1 dud 8)

BQE

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
8 seems straightforward, but what the hell, I can't get the timing.  It's a simple quint sync, right?

The red platform on 13 is inconsistent (previously, red = shootable but not touchable, yellow = both).  It's also very cheatable just by using the wall.

Agreed that last two seemed out of place in terms of difficulty.

I liked the idea with the stairs (14?).  It took me a bit to figure out how I was supposed to do that.

Thought the aesthetic was very nice.  8/10 overall. 

CyanBoterham

• Intermediate
  • My kielbasa sausage has just got to perform.
    • View Profile
Looks really nice, cant wait till its up on servers. ^.^
Someone make a showcase quick!

CyanBoterham

• Intermediate
  • My kielbasa sausage has just got to perform.
    • View Profile
@BQE I managed jump8. you gain speed with one rocket, then reload one and hold leftmouse for 4 rockets for the quint.
Not sure if its intented like this but it works. Took me a while though.

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Fun map! Really like how some of the transitions are nice for speedruns. Fix up the few things mentioned but other than that it's a really nice map!

pardinensis

• View Profile
Wow, thanks for the nice feedback!

Nice map, had alotta fun trying it out. Jump 16 is cheatable with wallshots on the first part where the wall is shootable, gives you enough momentum to make it into the hole
Thanks. Will be fixed.

Nice Map, had lots of fun.
At jump 10 maybe put a hint for the intended walk off - crouch bounce. (I first did it with a jump - crouch bounce to the red platform)
Oh okay, I didn't think about that one. Thank you.

looks very cool and neat, jumps are fun too but the 15 and the 16 feels a bit too easy compared to the previous !

n1 dud 8)
Thanks, I'm not too sure about those 2 jumps either. I'll see what I can do.

The red platform on 13 is inconsistent (previously, red = shootable but not touchable, yellow = both).  It's also very cheatable just by using the wall.
The color coding is the following: yellow is used for syncs, red stands for pogo while magenta means speedshot or bounce. I might end up varying these colors if it seems to be confusing.
The walls will be fixed.

I liked the idea with the stairs (14?).  It took me a bit to figure out how I was supposed to do that.
The first time I saw that stair-thingy was the second bonus in jump_sketchy2. I think it's a nice but quite unknown usage of the pogo physics. Props to sitood! And in good old map making fashion, I took the jump and added a sync at the end to create something new.

@BQE I managed jump8. you gain speed with one rocket, then reload one and hold leftmouse for 4 rockets for the quint.
Not sure if its intented like this but it works. Took me a while though.
The intended way is to walk off and prefire those 4 rockets as you get to the straight part. You usually get the right speed just by surfing.

Oretachi

• View Profile
Great work! I love this.
Is jump #7 supposed to pogo? It allowed me to make wall-jump with only 2 rockets.
#13, I can shoot the right wall and it is easier than speedshot.
#14, green slope is shootable, then we can go up and try only sync-part again and again.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:09:35 PM by Oretachi »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
8 seems straightforward, but what the hell, I can't get the timing.  It's a simple quint sync, right?
Just walk off and fall down, don't jump off and strafe on the ramp. Then you get the right speed.

Scorpium

• View Profile

Did this as a practice for seamless cutting. Bad video quality though, and I'm not so sure I did 7 correctly as well. :)

pardinensis

• View Profile
Beta 2 is out! :)

I think I've addressed about all the problems mentioned by you awesome guys. Concerning the last 2 jumps, I only slightly modified jump #15, mostly because I liked to keep the low ceiling. However, jump #16 got a full rework. To be honest, it is not necessarily more difficult, but imo a lot more interesting than just that plain triple.

The detailed list of changes can be found in post #1, as well as the download link and a screenshot of the new last jump.

Have fun!

@Scorpium: Nice run! All the jumps are done the intended way, including the wallpogo at #7.