jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_stripe

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Really like the idea with the last jump but you can just cheat it by jumping straight from the black.

buhnanuh

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
maybe raise the ceiling on 8 above the surf ramp? i find myself hitting it sometimes

pardinensis

• View Profile
Beta 3 is ready to download!

@buhnanuh: I never had the problem of the ceiling being to low on jump #8. But that's only because I used to surf on the very bottom of the platform to get the speed for a perfect sync. Well, I slightly lowered the surfing platform and it feels a lot better now (at least to me).

Besides, Drexen's timer was added at the starting platform and the last jump. And I hope cheating jump #16 is not possible any more.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:09:01 PM by pardinensis »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
I think you need to change your download, I think this is a map you're working on

sitood

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I like the new spawn room but it would be grateful if you cover the stairs with playerclip like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so you can walk up the stairs c:

pardinensis

• View Profile
I think this map is in a kinda final state now. :)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8mhh8s1q8gy5qt4/jump_stripe_b4.bsp

The only major thing changed is the playerclip at the stairs. I didn't know this trick before. Thanks!

sitood

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

BQE

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I don't know what it is but the timing of 8 doesn't work for me.  I have yet to beat that jump.  The rockets just don't line up. 

pardinensis

• View Profile
Wow, thanks for the nice showcase!

I don't know what it is but the timing of 8 doesn't work for me.  I have yet to beat that jump.  The rockets just don't line up. 
Hmm, I didn't expect that jump to cause such a headache. Well, the way I do it is to walk off, then rotate by 180 degrees (counter-clockwise) in such a way that I complete the rotation as I touch the green ramp.
To find out why the rockets don't line up, you can shoot 3 rockets at the same spot, followed by one at a different spot. If the last rocket explodes first, you were too fast - and vice versa. Maybe that helps.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:32:36 PM by pardinensis »

pardinensis

• View Profile
Unfortunately I could not come up with a fix that would absolutely prevent cheating jump 13 without affecting the intended way or changing the geometry. So I extended the nogrenades to a point where cheating gets considerably harder while somewhat clean speedshots provide enough speed to reach the shootable wall with ease.

Visually, nothing has been changed.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/66fjxsh873evrbh/jump_stripe_b5.bsp