Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JumpIt Bball Server  (Read 2388 times)
Maggot

Hi.

Thank you so very much for starting a bball server.  It's been a long time since the decline of the deFy bball server, and it's nice to see people playing again.

I just had some questions about the whitelist for allowed unlocks.  I'm a long time bball player and me and a few of the old guard were wondering about why certain items are banned.

The ones that we feel are unnecessarily blacklisted/banned are:

1) Gunboats:  If people want to use these, go right ahead.  They're a crutch for most players, but offer a different playstyle.

2) Equalizer:  The speed boost that it grants in airstrafing allows for some precision maneuvering that can't be done without it.   It doesn't break the gametype, but adds to it.

Everything else should be banned, but those 2 are pretty accepted and have been for a while. 

Also, who do we contact as an admin for the server ?

Again, thanks so much.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I added those two items to the whitelist... let me know if they dont work.

Also you can contact me for any issues with the server - feel free to add me on steam or you can always find me in #jumpit on gamesurge (or just use the IRC on the website)

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Maggot

Everything works, Thanks so much!

Soldier

Very carefully
rip defy bball

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Fekk, your strafing is enough of a headache already, peppermint, and you want equalizer too? :(

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I want my Direct Hit. :C

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
'old guard' are you kidding me
plz tell me who the fuck these ppl are so i can take their gunboats and shove them up their asses
if you guys were actually oldschool you wouldnt be asking for unlocks
and you guys act like deFy was anything but a bunch of baddies with an admin who i had to rape before he would even update the server
man im riled

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
See now im torn! The server was meant to be set up how you wanted it lizzle but i dont know if you are even going to use it that much... let me know what to do.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Maggot

'old guard' are you kidding me
plz tell me who the fuck these ppl are so i can take their gunboats and shove them up their asses
if you guys were actually oldschool you wouldnt be asking for unlocks
and you guys act like deFy was anything but a bunch of baddies with an admin who i had to rape before he would even update the server
man im riled

I'm jk wonderland, the player, not 'just kidding'.   When I use the term 'old guard' I refer to most of the people from beef's globetrotter group, which you're a part of.

The only unlock I ever cared about using was the equalizer, simply because of the increased strafe speed being interesting.  The gunboats came from kpin, I disagreed with him on that, but I included in the post. 

I bugged eFF as much as you updating that server. The Defy people were never good but at least the server gave a place to play, which is what I was referring to.  Do whatever you want to the server, I'll still play regardless.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:38:54 PM by peppermint »

Offline  mixup
Maggot

If you guys are the old guard, i must be the ancient guard then. Sup jk  8) There is actually a post about this already in the BBALL section of our forums on the main forum page. I think all questions and concerns should be there. But I agree that bball needs to be as vanilla as possible. Not completely, but refer to my reply in the bball forum section for more insight.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
lol, I was uh... raging

sorry jk.

As for harlem globetrotters Beef and I made it together!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/beball

I know I dont play anymore but let me just say this quick. I dont agree with the gunboats at all, and saying they've been "accepted" for a while? what. they were banned in the tournaments, and I know beef and myself were strongly against them, along with a bunch of other ppl from globetrotters like  hititduck, pesus, sniper w/o, and snubbs. gunboats are like a bandaid for ppl who cant fence jump. the whole thing just becomes a joke, you RJ up in a circle while others spam rockets at you, and then you land and jump up and circle strafe 7 more times before either landing in the basket or getting hit by the most rand airshot ever. and the whole game just becomes retarded. in my opinion bball is dead because of gunboats and the direct hit. as for the equalizer, I dont have a problem with it but I like my shovel lets just say that.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:41:15 PM by wonderland »

Soldier

m3thskiLL
OH YA one more thing. its funny that I called you out for saying old guard, cause in my bball infancy I wanted to be just like jk when I grew up

do you remember Please to Be Enjoying Bball!

my backpacks got jets...
I chill in deepspace, a mask is over my face!

ahaha

Offline  BEEF
Maggot

damn, memories lookin at this

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Holy shit, beef is still alive.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »