Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: jump_termywermy_beta4  (Read 3230 times)
Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Yea no worries, I get the feeling of a random spike in difficulty when playing this map as well. I intentionally did it when I was making it, knowing it wasn't a smooth difficulty curve. Lots and lots of maps are like this tbh, like annex and what.

Honestly what is holding me back from making significant changes is pure laziness. Some aspects of mapping are just so tedious and dull. Moving around levels is one of them. Setting up teleports and func_brushes and other random shit is another. It's fair to say I've lost quite a bit of the passion I used to have towards mapping. Did 4 maps in half a year and then the next half a year did nothing.

But I'll see what changes to make. One of my pet peeves is when people release a beta, then make basically no changes to it ever again. Or worse, leave it forever in beta and quit jumping (wayyyy too many maps are forever in beta). I don't want to be such a person. The easiest way to fix this issue imo is to just add more lvls in between 8 and and 9 and some more before 8 to smooth the difficulty curve. I think I'll leave 11 and onwards the same though. As I said, I'm under the suspicion that most people have trouble with air pogo the most, so those should be later on.

At some point when I was making it, I realized it's basically just another jump_embrace jump-wise. Did not want that so I made the choice to make the levels harder.

Appreciate the feedback duppy, don't feel discouraged from saying what you want to say. Would not have bumped this thread if I didn't want advice.

---------------------------

Rocketeer

Ok duppy. I'll try to tell why I disagree.
First 7 are ok.
I see 8 as a pogo with a twist.
The only thing hard about 9 is the catch, after that it's just basic pogo.
10 might be hard when you do it the normal way, but almost everyone "cheats" it with a double sticky and one sticky for the vertical airpogo.
11 single airpogo.
12 single airpogo again.
13 is very tricky doing it the normal way. But when you do it with the prefired nades, its only a double stickies with a lightly charged airpogo sticky. It might take several tries, but when you get it, it's easy.
14,15 and 16 are already much harder.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
But I'll see what changes to make. One of my pet peeves is when people release a beta, then make basically no changes to it ever again. Or worse, leave it forever in beta and quit jumping (wayyyy too many maps are forever in beta). I don't want to be such a person.

Totally agree. #NOmapsINbeta2013

(alpha is okay ^^)

Rocketman

beta3 released

edit: for soldiers, lvl 8 is a jump+crouch bounce
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:53:03 AM by Afterglow »

Rocketman

beta4