Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8.31.13 New surf map conversion for TF2  (Read 429 times)
Maggot

Entre sueno y sueno...
Surf Elysium (conversion for tf2)

Well, after doing a couple days worth of research and only finding 2 people who privately converted this map, I decided to take it into my own hands and do one for the community. I present to you:

Surf Elysium

Bah, who the hell am I kidding? This map is fucking HUGE and was a bitch to convert. But, with all said and done, I finally got it finished between work and sleep and people begging me to play it during alpha conversion stages. (And the fucking water textures not wanting to cooperate).

Anyways, on with the juicy shit:

Map Info:

Tier 5
4 stages, 1 bonus
Wr's: I have no clue. I don't surf on CSS enough anymore to give a justifiable answer.
Average surf time: At least 1:30-1:45-ish no fail, but I've yet to see somebody do it other than Raiin.
Size: 37,875,192 sq. ft. (For you mappers out there, pretty much the whole damn 2D grid).
As far as the bonus goes, it's hard. From my best judgement (as far as how the map was designed), Sacred would want you to surf the map before being able to access the bonus; so I left it as such.

A lot of people say it's the Surf_Overgrowth sequel, some say it's a rip off...but as far as surfing goes, it's got beautiful aesthetics and architecture. It's a smooth surf, hardly any glitches at all. This was a very well made map even before I got a hold of it. (Had to adjust a few things according to tf2 player sizes, but that comes with any conversion).

All credits go to SaCreD91. This is his map alone and probably his best yet. If you know him, or see him around, give him props for this hard ass map. Until then, enjoy.

screen dump:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Download:

Surf_Elysium.bsp.bz2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/co5b5lsgo0tsp1d/surf_elysium.bsp.bz2

Surf_Elysium.bsp: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mb5259dryusljrs/surf_elysium.bsp

Questions? Comments? Gripes? Complaints?

Hit me up here on the forums, in IRC or message me on steam.

Nastybutler: STEAM_0:0:46074460

Deuces. This shit wore me out. I'm goin to bed.

---------------------------
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...dead bodies to the kitchen.
~Grog, Mutant League Football

Maggot

Entre sueno y sueno...
If anybody's interested, you can check out Raiinizzle shreddin the shit out of this map here:

surf_elysium in CSS - New map

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Awesome work! Somebody get this shit on surfit.

Maggot

i surf in the game team fortress 2
Boy, I wonder who kept on asking you for the alpha conversions of the map
<.<
>.>

Maggot

I played this map for like 40 minutes and didn't get anywhere or help in any way but thanks for putting in all this work nasty. god bless

Maggot

Entre sueno y sueno...
I played this map for like 40 minutes and didn't get anywhere or help in any way but thanks for putting in all this work nasty. god bless

Yeah. It's a hard map, despite how easy it may seem. It's only been out a month or so, why just let CSS have all the fun with it?

Awesome work! Somebody get this shit on surfit.

EDIT:

If it takes 'em a while to get it on surfit (due to people being busy and not having time or w/e), hit me up on steam or leave me a PM. I'll throw it up on my test server and you can whack it out...or try to.

It's been added. Thanks go to Kawaii. Hop on surfit and check it out.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:01:23 AM by Nastybutler »

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC