Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Author Topic: Beginnings 2013  (Read 8223 times)
Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps

Soldier

bball
WHICH ONE OF YOU MOTHER FUCKERS IS COMING IN SECOND
jk i suck ain't even gonna try

---------------------------
i play bball often

Offline  Nightin
Fly

Sounds really fun and I'm glad that timer is being put to good use.

Maggot

Just sayin, but make a steam group for this; that way you guys can post an announcement as soon as a map is released.

Rocketman

So then is it all speedrunning? No portion for like: think of neat jump ideas, routes, methods etc on the new maps and vote on people's favorites?

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Perhaps also a fastest flawless?

Offline  auau
Maggot

Hey y'all,

I'd like to speak about putting some map more accessible for the tf2 community i know it will be a hard talks but i just want to know what you think of this, what i mean here is that's the jump community is a bit elitist and for beginners those map aren't hard they are kinda impossible to do. Actually perhaps i'm speaking too fast and map will be accessible for beginners but i think i'm not wrong while telling those map won't be doable by the most of the people, i'm not telling jump is for all i understand this, my friend told me "i think my jumping is fine for a casual player and i will only be able to reach the first map and for the following map I won't even see the half of the map" and i think he is right ...

What can you say about this ? Why not making some funny thing like scout map, heavy map and stuff like that who could making people have a hard fun of jumping i mean those thing are kinda doable by most of the people and that could make the jump community grow

ps : hope you'll enjoy my bad english :)
ps : I hate myself for loving jump
ps : hammer is shit i mean hammer is dick <3
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:18:49 PM by auau »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Hey y'all,

You should have created a thread if you wanted to discuss that
Also, there are shitloads of scout maps
Heavy jumping.....search for jump_class_v2

Back on topic....

Beginnings HYPE!

Maggot

Hey y'all,

I'd like to speak about putting some map more accessible for the tf2 community i know it will be a hard talks but i just want to know what you think of this, what i mean here is that's the jump community is a bit elitist and for beginners those map aren't hard they are kinda impossible to do. Actually perhaps i'm speaking too fast and map will be accessible for beginners but i think i'm not wrong while telling those map won't be doable by the most of the people, i'm not telling jump is for all i understand this, my friend told me "i think my jumping is fine for a casual player and i will only be able to reach the first map and for the following map I won't even see the half of the map" and i think he is right ...

What can you say about this ? Why not making some funny thing like scout map, heavy map and stuff like that who could making people have a hard fun of jumping i mean those thing are kinda doable by most of the people and that could make the jump community grow

ps : hope you'll enjoy my bad english :)
ps : I hate myself for loving jump
ps : hammer is shit i mean hammer is dick <3

point 1: "Hey y'all?"  scuse me?
point 2: the jump community isn't elitist, but there definitely are some people who are *cough alle cough cough*
point 3: honestly, there is no such thing as an impossible map.  if you think you are having too hard a time on a map, go to an easier one.  I have yet to see one person who can't do jump_rush.
point 4: jump_illuminum, jump_scout, and jump_fanboys are just a few scout jump maps.  There's also jump_detr, a detonator jump map.
point 5: why do you hate yourself for liking to jump?  jumping is fucking awesome.
point 6: oh, hammer is a bad program?  oh, you should probably never play on another tf2 map, because every single map in the game was made in hammer.

This is not anything revolutionary coming from a beginner jumper.  You get stuck on one jump and think the whole thing is impossible.  Jumping is not something you can pick up in a weekend; you have to put blood, sweat, and tears into this. It's a serious commitment, and unless you go all in and never quit, you won't go anywhere and will stay stuck on beef 17.

uh...i mean...
Alle is bad
new maps yay

Soldier

point 6: oh, hammer is a bad program?  oh, you should probably never play on another tf2 map, because every single map in the game was made in hammer.

Calling a program bad =/= enjoyment of maps.

Hammer is objectively a shit program. It can be used to make nice things, but it takes a ridiculous amount of time to do so.
poor design
poor user functionality
poor user accessibility
poor coding (100% cpu usuage, bad memory leaks)

Offline  alle
Soldier

gayyst

Calling a program bad =/= enjoyment of maps.

Hammer is objectively a shit program. It can be used to make nice things, but it takes a ridiculous amount of time to do so.
poor design
poor user functionality
poor user accessibility
poor coding (100% cpu usuage, bad memory leaks)

nerd

rip2pac4lyf

Fly

((|Crayola|(>
Yay c:    :D

Tic's previously owned dog

Maggot

Sounds Amazing, i will translate and post this on the rocket jumping community group from Chile, i hope they join.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
WE WANT MAPS!
WE WANT MAPS!
WE WANT MAPS!
WE WANT MAPS!
WE WANT MAPS!
WE WANT MAPS!

Fly

((|Crayola|(>
a;lkfja;lkf, ok, will the maps be posted here (and when)? And to whom will we submit our POV/STV's to?

Tic's previously owned dog

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC