Forums

Poll

Question: Should the Beginnings 2013 point system be revised?

• Yes
    - 13 (65%)
    No
    - 7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Beginnings 2013 point system revision?  (Read 463 times)
Fly

Sheep
player who get most of #1 in the 5 maps should be the winner
like 1st place in 3/5 or 4/5 maps

---------------------------

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
To be fair, the system works fine if everyeone submits 5 demos, that was pretty obvious from the start. So everyone who didnt submit demos just doesnt seem to care enough.

exactly this

or we can just go full on subjective and say Dr.Heinz won

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
inb4 points system is changed to not consider number of maps run then raiin comes back in the final week to win it all

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
To be fair, the system works fine if everyeone submits 5 demos, that was pretty obvious from the start. So everyone who didnt submit demos just doesnt seem to care enough.

Yea this is definitely true... A top runner could have gotten a decent time (compared to the current hiscores) within an hour of trying, which really isn't a lot of time per week. They just did not, for whatever reason. Perhaps the point system should remain as it is after all...

Fly

Sheep

Yea this is definitely true... A top runner could have gotten a decent time (compared to the current hiscores) within an hour of trying, which really isn't a lot of time per week. They just did not, for whatever reason. Perhaps the point system should remain as it is after all...
i couldnt run first map was busy irl , so if i get 1st in the 4 maps , still alle will win ?

Fly

Just call me trey
I still think points awarded based on times are still the right direction to go in. If someone gets first place by a margin of something ridiculous like a full minute, is it fair to have the second person get just a single point less? Conversely, like in round one where the times were extremely close, is that fair to make a person get an entire point less. Suppose combustion and zato trade places several times over the course of the whole competition, but every time combustion beats zato it's by 10 seconds and when zato beats combustion's time it's by a margin of 1 second or less. The points system would say they tied, but that's not accurate.

Ask the question: what are we really trying to judge here? The order that people finish a map in or the time in which they do so.

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

Problem with that is that times are always gonna be closer on easier maps compared to harder ones. So you cant objectivly determine how much points someone should get for being x seconds behind 1st.

Fly

Just call me trey
No no, it wouldn't be like 1 second always equals one point. It would be curved to fit either the full expanse of times submitted, the middle 50%, or an "optimal" time as I mentioned previously

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC